What does "LE" mean in video card models?

prinsipe

Not Too eXPerienced
What does "LE" mean in video card models? like in the case of:

Inno3D Geforce 7300 LE, are they superior or inferior to GT models?

hope you could shed light on this, thanks....

Typically "LE" means Light/Lite Edition.

I would also say they were worse than GTs.
Basically NVIDIA has always had confusing names but LE etc.tend to be for low level consumers and system builders.

For more ideas just look for benchmarks or reviews.

Loosers edition

The card is usually a crippled version just so the top end cards can be kept over priced.

SE is not quite so bad. It stands for Substandard Edition.

Avoid both they are usually crippled way more in proportion than their price is reduced.

XT, GT, GTX, XTX are usually the worthwhile cards. XL is marginally acceptable. These cards usually just have ledd memory and slightly slower clock speeds.

SE and LE they usually do really obscene things like choke a 256 wide memory bus down to 64 bits quartering texture memory bandwidth and performance, or cut the texture processors by 75% or more. They really coke at high quality or with AA and AF turned on.

Well put Lee. I enjoyed the hint of humor. =]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back