What do you think about the G5 ?

P

pacou

I like change my computer for incredible performance
in 3D ( make 3D picture )
I'm not sure for the best choise PC P4 dual 3.ghz with best
mother board or G5.
I don't see dual P4 fsb800 mother board.
please advise.
regards.

fsb800 - Hmmm ... The only pc that is doing that now is a systemax,, so I guess the mac G would be kicking, I would love to have one .. They are sweet ..

fsb800 - Hmmm ... The only pc that is doing that now is a systemax,

what do you mean?

the new G5 is fricking amazing dial 64bit processor and everything in it, super drive(amazing) and up too 8gb ddr now that is how a home pc should be, this computer is not only good for making graphics it is the best one for home use out in the market

wait for prescott... or athlon64.. the latter preferably till intel drops its own 64 bit processor...

the fubar numbers and bogus claims apple makes concerning their product being the TOP DOG are so pathetic and ridiculous

.. apple crippled their competitions hardware using proprietary compilers to give them an advantage but you never hear THAT in their daft commercials... :rolleyes:

sure... fastest desktop in the world... yah.. in the apple world that makes up 1% of the computer market share...

/me poops on apple

/end rant

however apple does have a good reputation for 3d...

The standard Dual 2GHz G5 is 3k and thats without a monitor and with a ATi 9600 and 512MB RAM.

Upgrade to 9800 Pro and 17" LCD ($700 dollars, LOL) and 1GB of RAM
=$4248.00 (Thats US dollars, not ¥)

/me also poops on apple.

/me poops on apple again for good measure.

Even the single processor with a 17" LCD 1GB RAM and 9800 Pro is $3700.

Hey be nice to Apple's over priced hardware. Somebody has to give the schools free PC's so they can sell them over priced educational software and teach our kids how to work on a computer that they will never see in a business environment.

If you want to really get disgusted with Apple read the book:

"The end of Innocence at Apple"

The movie about Gates and Jobs made Jobs look like a saint. He was more on the order of an egotistical moron. Filthy rich now, but more by accident than anything else.

LOL, I'd rather be dead in Nantucket than have a Mac. :p

Originally posted by j79zlr
LOL, I'd rather be dead in Nantucket than have a Mac. :p

lol.. my thoughts exactly :)

they are all pretty n stuff.. but nothing I want to do can be handled by a mac... and they are certainly not gaming machines :)

upgrading them ? fuhgedaboutit... all proprietary junk...

there is a reason pc's are popular amongst the proprietary crowd...

oh... and to keep the mood light :)

check out this thread...

http://www.ntfs.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35372

Originally posted by canadian_divx
the new G5 is fricking amazing dial 64bit processor and everything in it, super drive(amazing) and up too 8gb ddr now that is how a home pc should be, this computer is not only good for making graphics it is the best one for home use out in the market

dual 2ghz + 8gb memory + superdrive = EIGHT THOUSAND DOLLARS :eek:

best for home use? more like best for making you homeless after you run out of money buying it. :p NO one needs 8gb of ram at home.

and isn't the "superdrive" just a standard dvd-rw? :confused:

yip they are expensive - mostly what you are paying for is the processor though ,, in any case I am looking forward to the release of OSX for x86 - that should be good ..

And Taurus the superdrive is a dvd/rw with a cdr combo ..

I am looking forward to the release of OSX for x86 - that should be good ..
It won't happen, I discussed this elsewhere with friends, basically apple make their profits from hardware.. enabling there one main piece of software to run on other third-party/cheaper hardware would lose them a lot of profits.

There may be some strange model out there that doesn't :p

apple used pioneer drives in the G4/eMac/PBook didn't they, are they still using them in the G5's ?

Originally posted by lechtard
yip they are expensive - mostly what you are paying for is the processor though ,, in any case I am looking forward to the release of OSX for x86 - that should be good ..

And Taurus the superdrive is a dvd/rw with a cdr combo ..

I'm not sure, but isn't OSX basically BSD with a pretty window manager?

In short, yes :)
But there is much more to it than that.

Just get a dual opteron. It's probably cheaper and faster.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back