What do you ppl think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, generally not. Click the link WinBeta has, then you will come to the exact same story posted at WinBeta..

If that is not enough, go to DriverHeaven.net, search for..example : ForceWare 61.11 driver, than head over to NeoWin.net, and find the FW 61.11 story. Then you will understand that every site is doing this..Why? Because why change the story when it's great as it is..?

-----------

Thanks for reply =)

ZeroDamage said:
No, generally not. Click the link WinBeta has, then you will come to the exact same story posted at WinBeta..

If that is not enough, go to DriverHeaven.net, search for..example : ForceWare 61.11 driver, than head over to NeoWin.net, and find the FW 61.11 story. Then you will understand that every site is doing this..Why? Because why change the story when it's great as it is..?
Seems as though coping someone elses work as your own is plagiarizing/copyright infringement. You are also robing the author/site that wrote the story of the traffic/revenue they are entitled to. </rant>

Reffearing to :

News source / Found at / Full article / as.o

So you are telling me that you ppl are not doing the same @ osnn.net? ...

...wierd..

No, we provide links back to the source where we found it, which is known as fair use.

So what you are doing is perfectly all right, but you should at least comment, or add something of your own to not have it be called straight forward plagerizem.

Well as I had gathered from prior posts (I personally didn't look @ your site) that you were copying word for word the complete article from a source and then just linking to the site afterwards. Upon inspection of your site it seems just that. :p How apt are you to follow a link to site for a story you have already read?

Cant reply me? Is it because I'm right, and your wrong? ..? explain, dont give up..

Well Mr Zerodamage, I once spent a year developing a site, give or take a few weeks.

I used my spare time, about 6 hours per week, I am crap at artwork and found that the most difficult to do. I spent time and money on a graphics and image editing program, money on a html editor other than note pad.

I spent hours checking in every darn browser I could find.

I upped it, spent money on paying for advertisements, top posting, had to put up with piles of spam mail every day from free to all links and some little **** stole my images, links, scripts and the such.

These peoples spend time like we all do developing, and we find lamers stealing our things it makes us pissed off.

What you do is you say ''hey I found this at blah blah .com/net/org'' and you post a link that opens in a new window.

You can put in a headling as a link to their site.

The net ahs become big business now you could find yourself being blasted off, shut down or sued.

Anything I used other than my work I got permission first. I even would post links as thanks for anyone that gave me stuff which was their copyright.

And the point is? So theoreticly I can get sued? So why does Osnn / driverheaven / neowin / winfuture / techreport / winbeta / iexbeta copy someone elses text(work), and paste it to their own site? Explain me that, since you have a greater knowledge than what I have..

And exacly, what have I stolen? tell me,..,.
What was/is your sitename..?

Retorical question : Is it my stupidity that I'm doing this? No, I've copied other ppl's tactics..So in generally its the listed websites's fault that I am doing that, if you cant see that, then its your problem, not mine...

PS ; w'old are you? (seriously)
PSS ; Sorry for my english, Im norwegian

I believe all Lee was saying, if you do use someone else's art, coding, or other such things, then all that is needed is a link somewhere stating where you got the material from. that's all. about 10 seconds to put in a link to winbeta.org, neowin.net, etc. stating that's where you found something useful. That way the viewers of your page, if they are impressed, and wanting to do a project similiar as your site, then they can have the same tools that you have found. It's not complicated at all. Just put in a link or two. I did see your site, and I do like it very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back