what do you pay a month for net?

You're paying nearly £40 for a 512k connection? You've got to be kidding. You can get 1mb for that.

SPeedY_B said:
You're paying nearly £40 for a 512k connection? You've got to be kidding. You can get 1mb for that.
I do realise this - I was slack - wanted it installed fast with backup (which I needed at the time about two years ago, before cable was coming online here for me).... I should move to 1mb and will do when I get a server, I'm just lazy and for me it is critical I stay online continuously to enable me to work... yeah maybe I am a bit crazy/wasteful... I'll try to look into it soonest - promise! :eek:

lol.. :D
Mainframe, are you in west or nearer to Central London?
Think Bulldog's (2 or 4MB) evening service is available in the Central area for around the price that you're currently paying.

I'm in SE24 - what service is that daytime? Any catches? Looks like a good one to go for.... really not yet sure what bandwidth my server will need (when I get it) but always best to have more not less, huh ;)

It's 512/256 from 8am to 7pm i think.. then 2 or 4mb / 256k in the evenings.

lad_in_brum said:
UK - Blueyonder £35 a month for 1mb (soon to be 1.5mb :) )
It's alright if you have cable in your area :p

Bulldog have some nice packages, and the whole 'peak time' slower speeds wont affect most people who work in the day time anyway :)

Take a look: http://www.bulldogdsl.com/

wow. neat... Bulldog offers 512k upload. :)

EDIT: Damn.. looked at the wrong line... it's 400k... but still good. :p

Mainframeguy said:
I'm in SE24 - what service is that daytime? Any catches? Looks like a good one to go for.... really not yet sure what bandwidth my server will need (when I get it) but always best to have more not less, huh ;)

Hey I used to live in SE21 did you goto Dulwich Hamlet and Alleyns?

I pay 27.99, 512/284 I think.

Mainframeguy said:
UK BT ADSL Broadband (IPStream Home 500)
512/256
£32.98 +vat (£5.77) = £38.75

dam i cant belive you pay so much!!!!!!!!

SPeedY_B said:

i have 512/128 nad i pay $45.00 (cable service)

and get this:

here DSL costs:

512/128 (get ready) $59.99

256/128 $39.99

this is in Puerto Rico and BTW transfers speed for DSL are around 50....cable is good transfers speed are 62-70, love cable......

Henyman said:
dam i cant belive you pay so much!!!!!!!!
neither can I now :rolleyes: - trouble with direct debits quarterly and all - you don't keep tabs like you should... Believe it or not this is the "cheap" BT option with dynamic IP - if you take static IP and email/webspace linked with yahoo you pay another four pounds odd and still identical bandwidth! Think I will look for an IP that gives me fixed IP and 1mb plus next - just want to be sure about any catches - Bulldog is certainly a possible option I shall look at, thanks all

Oh and Lee - I went to school long before I fetched up here ;) But I do know about Dulwich Hamlets - did you know Racheal Allard? Apparently she was badddd! :eek:

Comcast Cable (for now) $42.95 + $3.00 modem rental fee ...

You should use Pipex... £23.44 p/m 512/256, 50mb webspace + email service.
OR £34~ for 1mb service.

2655 / 349 is what I just got for speed from dslreports :)

I'm not sure what it is per month as we get digital cable and whatnot extras along w/ rr. No caps but can't run "servers" and whatnot ...

I'm so jealous. I've got 256/64 unlimited ADSL, and I pay $70 AUD. Broadband is soooo expensive downunder... *sigh* :(

bt internet, £30 per month, 50mb webby, email etc, no bandwidth cap :) & no complaints

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back