Welcome To America Offline!

Henyman will know, I'm pretty sure he's usinh v8 now.

What's the wait theses days for tech support... an hour or so??? :rolleyes: :p

Originally posted by gonaads
What's the wait theses days for tech support... an hour or so??? :rolleyes: :p

Actually it's not that bad. I called once when I was on version 4 and the hold time was only about 10 minutes.

Fairly recently, I participated in this tech chat thing where you IM with an AOL rep. I was asking if there was a way of using the AOL service without using the stupid interface (just a regular dial-up connection), and they said there wasn't. Then I asked them if there was a way I could connect using Linux and they said no to that too. So, the hold time isn't bad, but the end result still sucks. :rolleyes:

Did ya ask them if you could cancel yer account??? :p

Tech support is pretty good with AOL
as with all support it depends who's on the end of the line ~ you get numptys every where

The last time I cancelled AOL was about 3 year ago ~ thought I'd give other isp's a try as AOL was being dissed by the many

I completely forgot to call them & cancel the account it wasn't until I received my bank statement I realised my error :doh:
fully expecting to lose the money already taken from my account I rang AOL to inform them of my cancellation & explained that I had not not used the service for over 6 week
to my surprise they said it wasn't a problem & their records had shown I was inactive for that period & a refund will be issued
A week later the money was back into my account

I'll get to try cancelling again hopefully in a week or two as adsl is finally coming to my area :D
fingers crossed my street will pass the whoosh test
cable have already knocked me back saying theres a problem with line noise :(

there are a few things I'm going to miss
email ~ its really easy to use ~ spam is automatically removed ~ email attachments are automatically scanned by Mcafee

any other AOL member that bugs you ~ AOL comes down on them like a ton of bricks

surfing is faster ~ if a page wont load in IE 9/10 it will load in the AOL browser plus there's an option to compress graphics (.art)

everything I need is in one tidy package
contrary to what a lot of people say about AOL being a resource hog ~ its not

IE + outdated express + IM client = more resources than AOL

:cool:

TwoZigzagColt45 is an AOL wench0r. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back