Weird Task Manager Problem...

maz4sue

DJ / Student
Hello...

When I press CTRL-ALT-DEL to bring up the Task Manager, it does not appear properly, (see the attached pic!) the tabs are missing therefore I can't see what's running.

This has been like this for the last week or so, I suspected it was a virus so I reinstalled NAV 2004. It got rid of eight viruses (all trojans) but this is stll happening!

I also use Ad-Aware and more recently, Spybot Search & Destroy. Neither of them fixed this annoying little problem!

I'm pretty sure it is a virus of some sort because things don't seem to be running as smooth as they should.

One more thing: If I log on as someone else, their task managers are fine! So it's definitely something stupid loading up at my startup.

I installed SP2 the other day to see if it would fix it, but still no luck. I've had WinXP installed since Oct 2001 so perhaps it's about time I formatted?

Anyway, any help would be really appreciated,

Thank You! :)

Attachments

• taskmngr.jpg
    taskmngr.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 109
lol...its ok ask around the forums and ask who is a idiot. Most will prob say me :p. Long stories :p

lol, don't feel that way. i had that problem for the longest time, and randomly later on i double clicked on the border and fixed it. i guess what i'm trying to say is, it's not uncommon.

yeah...i mean who would think that clickin it would solve it? Microsoft these days i tell u what

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back