Weird IE6 Problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by KC Ranger, Aug 7, 2002.

1. KC Ranger

KC Ranger Guest

I have a problem that I hope someone can help me with. I'm having a problem with text input fields like the one I'm typing this message into. On some sites, like this one, the field is displayed normally. On other sites, it is really, REALLY small (I'll attach an example). It is not limited to vBulletin. It happens when I try to compose a message using Yahoo! mail. Is there a setting somewhere in IE or Windows that I can adjust to rectify this? I can still type messages in these fields, I just can't see what I'm typing. It's driving me crazy. Your help is appreciated.

2. beatlesdb

beatlesdb Guest

I'm not sure what is meant to be in the picture, but check that you have all the system fonts installed in the Windows/ Fonts folder - basic fonts should be:
    Arial
    Century
    Courier / courier new (important)
    MS Outlook
    Roman
    Times New Roman
    Verdana

3. KC Ranger

KC Ranger Guest

All the fonts are there. Take another look at the picture. In the 'Your Reply' section, above where it says [check message length], there is a TINY box. That's what I'm talking about. Like I said, it's weird. Thanks for your help.

4. mbunny

mbunny Guest

Use Mozilla =)

But to TRY and help... Try going to your Internet Options -> Fonts

make sure that you have Language Script set to Latin Based. (of course this is most likely wrong as I use Mozilla instead of IE... good luck with this.

5. KC Ranger

KC Ranger Guest

Yeah, it's set correctly. Thanks for your help.