Weird HDD benchmark results...

I benched my pathetic old ATA100 w/1MB cache HD for laughs and it reported 20% higher speed than the rating for the drive. Sandra always reported it a little slower than expected.

Looks like the latest HD Tach may have a bug in it.

Dude my new PC installed Office 2003 sooooooooo quick. Everything is blazing fast. I'll bench this tomorrow when I'm off from work :)

i got a similar result as you net, when i ran it on my laptop after installing x64 i think maybe thats why its giving these figures. didnt do that before

hello,
i'm new here but i spotted this thread so i thought i post my hdd score-
u44237raid0k42.jpg

seems to be causing some cotroversey coz its so high.

Welcome to OSNN.

And thanks for reminding me. I need to check my HD speed. :)

PS nice speed, SCSI Ultra class for few $'s.

It is caused by a flaw in the software.

I believe you are running the two drives in PATA 1 150. Thus you would be beyond the saturation point for the bus.

It is caused by a error in the algorythim (sp) for calculating bytes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back