Weird delay problem

T

torrent

I upgraded from Me to XP and for the most part it went well. I connect to the Internet via an Ethernet connection to a Cable Modem. Since the upgrade any time I connect to a web site I get a delay before the web page starts to load, or sometimes even during the middle of it.

I ran a traceroute and can see that the request to retrieve the web site is delayed, the actual connection to the site is fine and once it does decide to download it does so at around 512K/s.

Can anyone explain why I get this delay?

I have tried disabling "automatically detect my settings" and about all other settings (one at time) to no avail (they are all set back to the default now). I am using Zone Alarm Pro (although I get the same problem without it.)

I don't know if this is related but I sometimes get these messages in ZA Pro's alert window:

Generic Host Process for Win32 Services could not accept a(n)
UDP Port 1967 connection from 194.168.4.100 because Internet
servers are blocked.

User:
Program: Generic Host Process for Win32 Services
Time: 10/02/2002 17:08:52

Although I have noticed I still get this delay even when these messages don't appear, I think it's a bit of a red herring.

The IP address it reports is one of the DNS servers.

Any help really appreciated. :confused:

--
Torrent

Is WinXP's internal firewall disabled? Open your connection, go to the Advanced tab, and uncheck the box under Internet Connection Firewall

JJB6486

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back