Website Request...

H

hotlips69

I'm a fairly new viewer of your website, but love the sheer content with no popups etc..

My request is to have an option to go to your site on a daily/weekly basis and be able to view ALL news/hardware/software/security/gaming story headlines on one continuous screen, exactly like you used to do on XP-erience.org a few weeks ago before NTFS came along!

Now, I've got to manually click on news, hardware, security etc to actually get to these sections to read all the headlines!!

A few friends of mine also think the same and back me up on this request.

If you don't want to do this, I'd be very interested in your reasons as I believe that it will lose you readers (including me).

We are using a new portal, that's the reason for the change. As to whether it will go back to the previous way, I'll let EP answer that.

FYI: I do like the new portal and the different sections for news :)

I'm only asking for an optional link to take me to a page that has everything on it, not necessarily change the entire "portal"

hotlips69 have you tried using klipfolio ?
It allows you to see all the news categories.

Nope, I've never heard of it.

How does this work exactly and where do I get it from?

Basically its an application that runs on your desktop, you'll need to get the seperate xp-erience klip for it too, but once it's all installed you can stream news from this site ...

you can download the app from here
and the official klip can be downloaded ]here (after klipfolio has been installed)

on the subject .. i find it quite annoying that the sections are all divided up too. I use klip to get news from the site most of the time (god damn! its such a wicked app :p ) but i'd like to see all news on the front page, or have an all news link as well as the sub catergory ones.

Having that number of news categories allows us to have more news on the frontpage, we only display eith 15-20 news articles in each category at a time, if 300 people were pulling 6 x 15 artcles a minute the database would just die.

If you put your mouseover any of the headlines, on the headline box you can read teh full headline and see if there are any comments///

Otherwise there is Klipfolio or Trillian RSS feed; )

Fine Fine, i'll stick to my klip feed
/me strokes klipfolio

Thank you for your answer and I do appreciate what you are saying.

Klipfolio is not really what I want, as I prefer to just visit a website once a day and read everything that has been posted that day hence my request.

If 300+ people were to use this "all-in-one" link, doesn't that say that people want it?

I doubt that you'd get that many people using this link every hour, let along every minute!

I prefer to just visit a website once a day and read everything

i used to aswell, but now i use klipfolio i can just let it run, and click the headlines that are of interest to me, so it saves time.

There are between 180-360 people on at any second of the day... and it will get busier.. we are thinking about the look of the site but we have other pressingmatters atm :)

reduce bandwidth now: use .txt files for everything!

/me drinks his nice warm mug of STFU and sits back down

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back