website failure time

LOL - well try that one man! You gotta know the way to admin your router! Least you are learning some important lessons here,,, ;)

if I type that whole thing in with my ip, just brings me to the normal router settings....

wait, I already know how to get into the settings, where do I go to change it..

some things you gotta work out yourself sometimes....

the Dlink I use it is under SETUP >>> WAN Setup >>>> Connection

Yours will be something like that - you know where you specified PPoA etc? look there...

I have never had to change edit, look at my router before. My dad used to do it, but now it dosen't do much with the internet. I'm taking over now.

This is what I get...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd hazard a guess on the "more configuration" button - but heck - what do I know? Don't be afraid to go explore.... oh and you should know what your setup requires, I am guessing you probably take a dynamic IP and use PPoA - btu what would I know? It is your service - have your Dad forward the ISP's initial email for your info....

I can't seem to figure it out, anything I change, if firewall back on, goes all crappy again...

this is funny = least to me! I have been having my own issures since a reformat and I have had to change MTU settings also! ;)

Unlike Admiral though, I believe it IS NECESSARY to change on your computer to match your router. Now technically this should not be so - but trust me it is in my case with a Dlink.... so best to do so (after all if you understand what is going on it is just like belts and braces).

OK so how to do it?

Well you need a tool - since I have just used one I attach it for you:- go ahead now - you know it makes sense ;)

Attachments

• NetworkOptimiser.exe
    94.5 KB · Views: 77
I just ran it, should I put Firewall backon, and thenr restart... or what

I think I just need a newer router, cause I don't have any of that in my Firewall section, and I don't have alot of any of anything.

What's the best router out there now?

*edit, ran that program, turned firewall backon, restarted.....seems good, but I'll keep an eye on it

****Edit again.......yea that program didn't do anything, needed to turn firewall off again....I think it's just my retarded router...whats the best out there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, at the whole beginning of this, i got the latest fireware, made no difference

MTU on the router is irrelavent. you need to change the mtu on your pc. So do that first and get back to us :)

Do absolutely nothing else until you have done so :)

I still don't know how to change it on the pc, and that program posted didn't work....

you DO NOT need a new router! Boy this is quite the saga.... how do you mean that program did not "do anything" or work, it does require that you know what you are doing when you use it, but it is pretty unlikely it did not work. It tweaks your registry settings... It sure worked for me anyway....

wow, your getting annoyed with me now eh lol

I ran that program, Put my firewall back on, and started having those problems again...so no the program DID NOT work

not annnoyed at all - just do not want you springing for a new router needlessly.... but hey - if you want to waste your money on something that will likely not fix the problem that is your business....

Anyways - you do ealise the utility to tweak your PC's MTU needs a certain amount of intervention, IE selecting the network connection and MTU value? The dafult is often right, but might not be in your case. It shouldmatch what you have set in the router, or what was more likely maybe set by your Dad from the sound of it.... So you still have not set either your PC or your Router MTU down then? Can verify that with the link you were given earlier..

I doubt you have - and I can tell you that will be why your problems persist...

Not annoyed - just trying to help - though it can be kinda frustrating knowing you want to get this fixed and we are all telling you how and yet still not getting there! :dead:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back