website costs?

http://www.oneandone.co.uk

That is a pretty good Domain Registration and Hosting Place, Register for hosting with them and you will get around £400 worth of Web Design software.
Check them out.

I got my domain forwarding for £5 for two years, my site is hosted on polarhome, but I am planning on moving it away from there later.

Originally posted by Geffy
http://www.oneandone.co.uk

That is a pretty good Domain Registration and Hosting Place, Register for hosting with them and you will get around £400 worth of Web Design software.
Check them out.

I got my domain forwarding for £5 for two years, my site is hosted on polarhome, but I am planning on moving it away from there later.

Looks very good, specially the online store is the best and cheapest I've seen so far. I will definitely look further into this great page. thank you m8!!

Hi:

So does the vbulletin has same functionalities as phpbb?....what about upgrades and all that ?

I just noticed the serene get klip button on this site, can someone tell me what it is? it''s not very clear from their website...

Klipfolio is an application that gets (uses/parses) rdf feeds and displays the latest headlines from various sites on your desktop.

hmm...
Forums... vBulletin.. a no no if your just starting off... your gonna pay $135 straight off when you dont know it'll be a success or not...

Go for a free alternative... Inivision Board ( http://www.invisionboard.com/ ) - is the best free forums at the moment, the coding for it is heaps better than vBulletin, much cleaner code... ATM i would rate IBF much better than vBulletin....

Portals... Best one to start off with would be postnuke.. but thats a bit of a pain in da arse... has loadsa crap you would never even *think* about using... For something like this you may want to pay a little... look into VirtuaNews ( http://www.virtuanews.co.uk ) - Its $50/£30 for a 1 year leased license... (same portal engine XP-erience.org is currently using) - It has loads of features, and basically kicks all other Commercial/Free portals in is league :)
I've actually bought a license... but is lying around doing nothing.. have had it for about 3 months now :p - haven;t had a chance to do anything with it.. damn school ;)

Hosting... a nice cheap one with the basics... should be cool. php/mysql minimal requirements :)

Once you start getting popular and getting many hits/members is the time to start investing money into it... make sure you dont do it too late as it can get nasty if its left too late.

Also.. best way to attract people to your site... and make it appealing is to make it look as awesome as possible. If it looks like a shamble... it'll end up getting v. low hits. If yah have the money... would be good to spend around $250 - $500 on getting a professional design done up for you... if you cant do it yourself.

And one final thing... apart from the graphics... another huge point is the content :)

MdSalih

mdsalih

hey...you know what you're doing...I ahve a great domain name, a coupla noted physicians on board.

want to use your knowledge, my cash...go partners???

give me pm...I'll call you, or meet you on chat.

hey...we can start a consortium, with a coupla other m8's from xperience

let me know...I'll be back later today.

p the frig s

how do you pronounce your user name?

its pronounced MdSalih int it

I have only been using phpBB for a short period of time and I dont understand PHP yet, I dont know which of phpBB or Invisionboard is the easier to alter the appearance of.

dealer - :p Physician site ? as in something to do with those doctors who chop you up in a hospital.. lay yer pieces on a tray... play with em... and stick em back in ? eeewwwwww... sounds good :p - Sure if yer seriously up for it...

Geffy - haven't played with phpBB much, but i found Invision Board easier to skin...

MdSalih

:D

MdSalih: you the man!! yes I am thinking that the site can be a business. the more I think of the project the more I think it can work. so I am ready to spend about $300 - $500. and I also agree that the site has to look real good to get decent traffic. So I 'm looking for designers now. Can anyone suggest a good company that does that?

I dunno of any web design companies, but you could always ask some of the people here, or have all of the files on the web somewhere and then people can download them, play with them, upload. I mean like a large XP-erience co-operative web design thinger.

Originally posted by Geffy
I dunno of any web design companies, but you could always ask some of the people here, or have all of the files on the web somewhere and then people can download them, play with them, upload. I mean like a large XP-erience co-operative web design thinger.
It's a nice idea, but most people (esspecially desginers) tend to never agree and are can be very picky :happy:

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
It's a nice idea, but most people (esspecially desginers) tend to never agree and are can be very picky :happy:
I've got to disagree with you on that one, I dont know why, but hey

:D :D :D

Originally posted by fedele

vBulletin $135 a year (second year is $85)
Domain name $19.95 a year
Hosting $7.95 a month $96 a year.

Total costs $250.95

;)

Invision board forums appear to be free, depending on the level of support you require. As forums go invisioin board provides a good front end for the members but I wouldn't know about the guts of it - ask xsivforce as he's currently running one! Information on this can be found here:

www.invisionboard.com

Click on the spammers paradise link in my sig for an example (pretty poor example I have to say :D) of this forum type.

Mubbers

well I still think that for some things you have to pay if you still wnat some quality and good design. I am considering phpbb.com for the forums and a free store. and paya designer fopr a great looking site. BUDGET about $200-$300 is what you need.

Do you guys agree?;)

Have you looked at the Invision 'product'?

Mubbers

maybe firstly find out wether you will get visitors and any interest in your site before you pay out large amounts of money...
a way might be setting up the free boards, try and make them look nice, and then if theres interest.....get the expensive stuff..

If your looking for hosting your best bet is to check out Webhosting Talk

When your ready to get the hosting try posting in the Web Hosting Requests forum. Note that it takes about a day for the forum registration to complete.

HTH

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back