We Currently Have Server Problems

Re: Server Problems

LordOfLA said:
ah but it isnt working properly yet...
So it isn't working properly becuase it isn't at Coreix yet or did you spot a particular issue?

I can't really comment on speed as the MOD network is ever changing:
Page generated in 0.08 seconds (93.81% PHP - 6.19% MySQL) with 7 queries
but the page generation time seems fast which really means any speed issues would be caused at a network level.

Or are you just winding me up? Trying to fix a server up in Cumbria at the moment, about to give up tho and start serving the data from here, which is what we have as a long term plan anyway.

I've been spotting occasions where apache just disappeared, now this could be as a rsult of changes me and x-istence were making to apache itself last night, but I doubt it.

I still think there is an issue with the server that needs to be resolved, whether its in dallas, cumbria, london, tokyo, etc.

I shall spend more time with X on the server and if we cant nail it on the head we'll have to send TP to nail it with a hammer :D

Great work guys. Would be good to show something concrete, if you and X can't find the php module (presuming that it is) that is causing the problems

Well, around 4pm PDST there was a glitch. I clicked a thread's newest post link from the forums main page and it sat there tryin ta load then it was done. I was still at the main forum page. And a couple of hours earlier post replies were taking a bit longer to post. Being that when I replied to a thread it would sit there trying to load it and then it would finish. Not a real long wait but noticable. After 4:30 or so it has been fairly smooth.

Just thought I would share.

I'm still getting "page cannot be displayed" error messages from time to time on this forum and it gets kinda annoying especially when I'm trying to post a reply.

Just had a hickup around 11:44AM EST. Took like 6 clicks to submit a post and then right back to normal like nothing happend. :classic:

Slight update:

I seem to be having a bit of the problem here. In a post I previously posted too, it took several clicks for a post to appear. But the odd thing, my post count didn't increase any after I posted. I thought, perhaps it was my imagination the first time, but on a second post it didn't increase either...

The other odd thing. On the main forum page, it shows "last post" as being the thread I posted in, with one exception. It isn't my post that shows up as last, but the guy who posted before me. Clicking on it however, my post does come up at the bottom in the thread itself.

Edit: My post count did go up with this one, and I'm gather it would rightly show as last post until someone else posts in this particular forum. So this prob might only be in some areas, or it might have other odd circumstances surrounding when it occurs, and when it doesn't. On this post however, I didn't have to clock post more then once though.

Yeah, had that happen to me once too I am sure.

There are still some errors. I am thinking of ways to fix it.

We know mate :)
Post counts are getting pretty irrelevent, not that I am going to let it slide, but at least pages are dying 2 out of 3 times :)

Every now and then I get where I have to push submit twice (and it tells me it's a dupe). Other then that site seems to be running fine. :)

X-Istence said:
There are still some errors. I am thinking of ways to fix it.

We know you will. We have faith in you. *hands X-istence a huge double espresso and a dozen powdered doughnuts* :)

Don't like donuts much mate. And just a standard Ice coffee from starbucks would do me a lot better than Double Espresso

I've experienced quite a few hiccups this afternoon. My posts won't show up or the same page reloads when I click a link.

Them memory modules are going west some new ones are in order.

Well, I posted a new thread in the Green Room earlier this afternoon and it didn't show up. I went to post it again and I was told it was a duplicate. It never did show up. :(

Thread Cleaned

Please keep posts in this section on topic. It's here to post about problems, it makes it harder to track where we are with the problem if the threads are filled with irrelevant posts. Any further spam will be deleted without warning.

Thought all was good then I read this thread. Site up and died, after 2 attempts to leave I decided to post. :p *crosses fingers*

We have made more changes, testing them out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back