We Currently Have Server Problems

Re: Server Problems

Is it fixed yet?

Now I remember what it's like to surf the forum on dial up :s

Speeds are(/seem) fine, just posting that is *******sed.

SPeedY_B said:
Speeds are(/seem) fine, just posting that is *******sed.

Other things as well. Like viewing attachments and whatnot.

Problems with some pages being displayed all over for me.
Apache just seems to stop whenever it feels like it.

The forum is nice and funky. It goes from normal to having to push a link multiple times to load a page.

Electronic Punk said:
Problems with some pages being displayed all over for me.
Apache just seems to stop whenever it feels like it.

Is there any way of loading an older version of Apache (back up a version or two from what it's runnin now) and tryin that out?

Not easily on FreeBSD. Idooubt its an issue with apache anyway, I suspect its more hdd/ram/cpu then the software itself...

I just had the problem of having to click a link 3 times to get the page to load.

Seems fast again but still have problems posting. Not all the time though :s

I can't seem to be able to move posts, I just get a page cannot be displayed error :(

Edit: Now I can, but this is take 3 on the editing of this post!:eek:

Last edited:

The server will be going down in a few minutes so they can run some diagnostics.

What was the outcome of the diags? Site is definately zipping along now :)

It's way better now. I couldn't even post or move threads. :eek:

Nice to see the site back to 100%. :D

It sure feels like it. Hope we get a report soon. I'm dieing ta know what it was.

Hell, we shoulda set up a pool on it. :D

Well unless they are lying:
I tested the entire server and the hard drive twice. I was not able to find any problems with the hardware. Please continue to monitor your servers performance. If you still are encountering problems I might suggest an OS reload on a new drive just to be safe. Thank you for your patience.

Well if it has fixed it - woo - plenty of explanations why a diagnostic/cold boot could sort it, but I am not going to get my hopes up just yet tho it would be nice. We haven't touched the php bits and X has already recompiled everything that gets compiled.

Why do you say that?
And LA as a techie, would check a HDD twice if there was nothing wrong with it the first time?

ep was a wreck when I met him in person waaaaaaay before even xp-eriance :D

All us cracker/warez types did that :p

You can check a hdd as many times as you want, but X and I suspect its more of a mainboard issue than anything else.

I suggest asking TP to move your hdd into an identical server and put said server in the same spot as the current one. Same switch, same port, etc... Just replace everything excpet the hdd.

If they say no coreix is in london and have done such for several clients already :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back