WD E-SATA, anyone have it?

I have a friend who has it. It's pretty cool. Extremely fast. It does almost sound like a SCSI HD, however.

I have dual WD 10k rpm 36GB Raptors in a RAID0 and it's pretty fast (~107MB/sec in ATTO), but it would be faster if my SATA controller wasn't running on the PCI bus. :(

scriptasylum said:
I have dual WD 10k rpm 36GB Raptors in a RAID0 and it's pretty fast (~107MB/sec in ATTO), but it would be faster if my SATA controller wasn't running on the PCI bus. :(
so your using an add in card?

Terrahertz said:
so your using an add in card?

No, I'm using the one built on the mobo, but it actually runs off the PCI bus. That along with the myriad other devices sucks the 133MB/sec bandwidth (33Mhz x 32 bit) the PCI bus is capable of.

If I had known, I might not have spent the extra $$$ for Raptors since they aren't being used to their full advantage. Oh well, maybe my next mobo will be better.

For the ones that are using SATA drives, do you use the cables that come with the drive / motherboard or do you buy a different one?

My drives didn't come with cables since they were OEM purchases, but my mobo came with a set of two, which I am using.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back