Way to run more hard drives and cdrom drives?

P

psx2000

What is a good card to buy if i want to add on more hard drives?

Currently im running 2 hard drives on my computer but I want to run 2 more 180 gig hard drives and was curious if I could buy a ultra card to hold more devices?

Also would the ultra card hold cd rom drives and other ide devices?

Are there any drawbacks to using a ultra card?

those card I belive can only hold 2 ide devices... and it would be any ide devices like cd rom or harddisks.... if you want to put more ide things in ... you need more cards..

IDE PCI controller card
Promise TX2 Ultra ATA133 x4 channel IDE Controller PCI £34.08
IDEControllerPCI.jpg

;)

Those PCI cards will take 4 devies easy, they have 2 IDE channels capable of running drives in master/slave/cable select mode, oe of my friemds is using one.

Short of that buy yourself a mobo with a RAID controller and use the RAID controller to just add extra drives to.

most mobo's come with 2 ide channels capable of holding 4 devices being either hdd's or atapi devices...

RAID cards can add more hdd;s to your rig... but remember... they only add hdd's nothing else... remember that...

many are on the market and don't cost much at all..

pci raid controllers have 2 or 4 channels and can support 2 to 8 harddrives, depending on which one you get. i wouldn't hook anything but harddrives up to them, though.

i don't see any drawbacks to using one of these cards.

promise is the best place, ata100 and ata133 cards can be had cheap on ebay even

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back