Warning Ur Harddrive is f*****

ste_w

OSNN Senior Addict
Hi all
today i started up my comp to be geated by a Warning message the second the power went on, u know in like the dos bit, it sed something like "Harddrive warning, please backup your data or it may be lost" press f1 to continue so i did an windows strted normally, this has happend twice now and alos somettimes wen my comp is strted it makes a bleep noise an says pls insert system disk? but there is no disk in any drive so wat the?????

pls help

thanx

ste

might be a hoax virus

might be a hoax virus that boots, or it could be a trojan scan ur pc with norton and also trojan remover

If I were you I would get another HD in a hurry and back up your stuff that does not sound like a virus sounds like your hard drive is starting to let go .. have you done a full scan for errors and bad sectors? When it asks for a system disc it is because it cant see the hard drive and has no SYSTEM DISC to boot from ... so it looks like the harddrive is about to let go and at one point you might not get back to it ... so before that happens I would find another HD and be ready

PS ... also check all your cables might be a faulty connection I hope for you it is just that ... get a new ribbon and check all the connections .... but be warned that sounds like a very legitmate warning to me

It happened to me 6 months ago on my dell .....4 boots later and my drive was toast.

Grym ( and missing an old friend ) blayd

the computer at my school once did something similar at boot it came up with a message that said "the harddrive had stopped spinning please hit the computer as hard as possible repeatedly until the os is loaded".

Your screwd.

That happend to like 1/2 of all the computers at my computer. It says that and a few boots later the hard drive is complety toast. Get a new one now, and use your new one as you never know when the hard drive will go on you.

SMART ( Self-Monitoring Analysis & Reporting Technology ) is an interface between a computer's BIOS (basic input/output system) and the computer hard disk. It is a feature of the Enhanced Integrated Drive Electronics (EIDE) technology that controls access to the hard drive. If S.M.A.R.T is enabled when a computer is set up, the BIOS can receive analytical information from the hard drive and determine whether to send the user a warning message about possible future failure of the hard drive.
SMART monitors elements of possible long term drive failure, such as 'Spin Up Time', the number of start/stops, the number of hours powered on and the temperature.

Thats whats causing the messages and is turned off/on in the bios. I recommend you backup your stuff and get ready to buy a new Hard drive :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back