WARNING Perfect Disk 6 Damages WinXP

Just did an offline defrag a few hours ago. No problems here either. Everything running smoothly :)

PerfectDisk v6.0
(Build 26)
Was the version
Some settings I had enabled were the "let perfect disk manage boot files" The two drives i defragmented were my windows 8gig partion and my 800meg pagefile partion.
On startup loads of popup boxes came up saying device cannot start. I should have taken more notice but I needed to fix my machine so just ran boot from last good configuration.

If you look in your System Event Log, you should see some error messages for these "devices" that failed to start. What does it say?

- Greg/Raxco Software
Microsoft MVP - Windows File Systems

Disclaimer: I work for Raxco Software, the maker of PerfectDisk - a commercial defrag utility, as a systems engineer in the support department.

Sorry but i have formatted my computer since then as it used to come up with checkdisk everyboot, although my computer seems to lock up in a simular manner when i have my memory set to system cache rather than for programmes which is really weird (although a mate said he did find something about the ati gfx drivers not liking this?). I am sorry I can not not provide more feedback but the first crash happened straight after using OFFLINE defrag

Unfortunately, reformatting and re-installing Windows has removed any way of diagnosing what might have occured.

I truly believe that PerfectDisk was not involved with what happend with your system - it was just the last thing that ran and therefore got tagged as being the culprit.

- Greg/Raxco Software
Microsoft MVP - Windows File Systems

Disclaimer: I work for Raxco Software, the maker of PerfectDisk - a commercial defrag utility, as a systems engineer in the support department.

it looks pretty obvious this was a differant issue then pd.

if pd had been the culprit then a "last good configuration" couldn't have resolved the issue.

as the files are permanently moved during offline, and reverting configurations does not change that

for instance, if a similar issue arrises with dk, a "last good configuration" will not resolve the problem

Greg, thanx for taking a look at this users problem

...I wish you'd come by more often like you used to, but it's always great to see you here

I am begining to think the same thing especially after the issue of system cache causing system crashing on a clean format i will try the offline once more before (when i feel brave) i decide to buy this software (only trial ware you see).
Thanky GHayes for all your support it has been apprciated, and the same to you dealer.
Cheers

Final Note I err Just ran the offline defrag not a problem at all........... could one of you moderators change the thread title to Perfect Disk 6 will crash an already skewed up install of windows ;) cheers
and... APOLOGIES TO RAXCO

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back