Wanting a High End Desktop for <£1000

sean.ferguson

OSNN Veteran Addict
If you are looking for a highend desktop with functions such as DVD-RW then this is the way to go, im thinking of getting my self one in the future.

Apple eMac
• 17" CRT
• G4 1.25GHz
• 167MHz System Bus
• 1GB SDRAM DDR333 - 2 DIMMs
• 160GB Ultra ATA drive
• Keyboard & Mouse + Mac OSX
• DVD-R/CD-RW drive
• ATI Radeon 9200 - 32MB DDR
• 10/100BASE-T Ethernet
• 56K internal modem
• Two FireWire 400 ports
• Three USB ports

beautyshotemac.jpg

all for £918.99 inc. VAT

I am actually thinking of getting a Mac as a replacement for my current desktop and this looks like a good deal.

One thing I want to say about the eMacs, is that they look so nice :D people think they don't look as good as the iMacs, etc. But they are a really nice machine :)

Only problem with these is they aren't easily upgradable like the PowerMacs...that's what I hear. Isn't that true?

Correct, but what could you really need to add? everything is pretty much there. It's only stupid things like video that can't be upgraded, no real difference from a notebook.

If you really need to you can pop open an eMac and replace almost anything anyway (obviously that's via un-supported methods, and probably voids your warranty, but if your that bothered about upgrading, I'm sure you dont mind)

True. Just something people should know if they feel they might want to upgrade the RAM, HD or video card somewhere down the line.
But it sure is a nice Mac for the price it's offered at.
smile.gif

RAM is easily upgradable :)

If you buy the config Sean has recommended though, your getting 1GB which should be plenty for quite a while :)

A very nice deal. And I agree, eMacs are very pretty to look at.

pshhh...my computer is just as good as that one. I hate buying computers from the stores and all that they have too much stuff in the way to upgrade and all that crap. Plus your ccan build better ones for half the price.

Not strictly true, it's just harder to source (the main) parts than it is for x86 :)

yeah, drive to california and ask nicely.... can i please have a G4 case for £30 thank you :)

I am in California.
*Goes to Cupertino to slap Jobs for being a whiny baby, and picks up a G5 on the way out*
tongue.gif

make it 3, im not being picky but i would like a dual 2.5 liquid cooled, 2Gb of teh ram, 23" LCD, no 56k, 2 x 250Gb SATA and see if you can find one of those Applecare boxes near the door :p

2gb?! tut tut. These things are 64-bit, get 8gb!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back