Want a job working for a professional site?

gumpf

OSNN Newbie
ok, i run the site www.tribalhq.com, and our site needs some more php programmers. The basic gist of the site is that you have tribes. Upon registering you can join a tribe of your liking. Some tribes are nomadic, moving in and out of the virtual world. Others allow you to set up shops to sell items. We need skilled php programmers for the following things:

Setting up a mail system between registered users(not email, as in from registered user to registered user.)
Games
A battle arena
One-click layout changes

If anyone is interested, you can contact me on www.tribal.com by clicking the contact us on the footer.

email: Ari@tribalhq.com
Aim: sk8erguy1000111
MSN: spike_davamp@hotmail.com

any other questions? just talk to me:cool:

I'll ask this before someone else does - when you say professional site, does that mean you pay the developer? And if so roughly what did you have in mind? Or does it just mean the site charges? :p

[EDIT] Oh and forgot my manners! Welcome to OSNN!, Enjoy your stay :) [/EDIT]

Well if you are payed what are the rates? Will you give me a percentage on advertisement sales?

If I work for you, I will own all copyrights as it is my work not yours. So either you pay someone or you don't. As EP says professional means getting paid.

This isn't a place to get free labor. For what you want, we are looking on a slary of at least £45,000 per year plus benefits.

Can you offer this? If so lets see the contract and all the others bits-n-pieces such as you v.a.t. number, social security number, company registration number etc...

Hmm
It may not be spam. Just wait and see for now.
I have PM'ed him about it all.

Hmm, well the site is legitimate but it looks as though its being built piecemeal rather than from a blueprinted design which could mean that the main site builders are realatively young / inexperienced. Main supporting evidence - there are some sections that are not fully fleshed out as there are just blank pages from a couple of the links. Also the conversation logs make interesting reading.

I think that the poster may not have been deliberately spamming, was looking for some help and that since they may have visited here before decided to ask here, not realising this is a fully professional staging ground. So to treat the post not as spam at the moment seems wise.

Edit: I re-read the post again and I didn't see the word professional php'ers but skilled. Is there a site somewhere where people offer their skills for free that people know about? or maybe the idea of a freeads or jobcentre forum is a good one.

Lee said:
Well if you are payed what are the rates? Will you give me a percentage on advertisement sales?

If I work for you, I will own all copyrights as it is my work not yours. So either you pay someone or you don't. As EP says professional means getting paid.

This isn't a place to get free labor. For what you want, we are looking on a slary of at least £45,000 per year plus benefits.

Can you offer this? If so lets see the contract and all the others bits-n-pieces such as you v.a.t. number, social security number, company registration number etc...

V.A.T? WTF is that? You damn english people.

If you work for him paid, then he owns all of the copyrights. No buts. If you work for free, then you can own the copyrights, unless off course there is an agreement between you two that he will own the copyrights.

Second, he never said he wanted professional programmers, he asked if you wanted to work (help out) with a professional site.

Electronic Punk said:
well professional would imply being paid :)

It is a professional site, but he is looking for people to help out. He never asked for professional PHP programmers, rather just people skilled in PHP that want to help out.

Thats what I thought X - The word professional was being used in terms of a skilled sense rather than hiring actual professionals.

The English language can be confusing sometimes even to us english :D

looks like one post spam to me...he hasn't been back since making the post

I say delete

Don't be so fast. What if he is without internet at the moment? It would not be fair to him. Or what if he is without power or something else happened? I like to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Well other links of his goto tribal sites in the UK. I got jury service next month hope I am not so hasty as thinking it's spam. Someone might get found guilty even though innocent :(

V.A.T. a.k.a. value added tax, was introduced in the late 50's or early 60's to about 10% on all taxable goods and service in the UK. It was supposed to pay back the USA for all the man power and amunition they supplied during ww2. It was payed back in the 70's, but the government (labour) decided to keep it going, it went to 12.5% then in the 80's 15% now 17.5%. In most of europe it is around 19-20%.

It never used to be charged on childrens books, clothes, medicines or other child related products, it is now charged in most cases. V.A.T. sucks big time.

I stand corrected if thread is not spam. STAND-ON-ME!

Rest of europe it is called Tax. :). Nothing fancy like VAT.

Anyways, 19 percent is what it is in The Netherlands, but it is not that bad, it is allready in the price that is on the tag, whereas here in the US, you still have to add tax, and it blows big time.

If I was PM that's the first thing I would remove, it already surved it's function 30 years ago, I would reduce it to 15% 12.5%, 10%, 8%, 4% then 0% over 5 years.

Gov't gets way to much cash through that tax, removing it could hurt them badly :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back