Wanadoo broadband ...

milecastle

OSNN Junior Addict
Today Wanadoo have changed their broadband packages for new customers. All new customers will now get a 1Mbps for the same price as the 512Kbps accounts. The options are as below:

£17.99 1Mbps (2GB cap)
£22.99 1Mbps (6GB cap)
£27.99 1Mbps (30GB cap)

If anyone can't get broadband at 1Mbps then they will get a 512Kbps service for the same price.

At the moment I can't get the 1Mbps service but I hear that BT are making some changes on the 6th Sept that will make this possible. :D

If anyone wants to know (this may have already been discussed) the changes are as follows:

• distance limits (from BT exchange) for 512Kbps service will be removed (previously 6km);
  • distance limits for 1Mbps will be extended from 4km to 6km.

So - to sum up - what this should mean is that 99.8% of lines connected to a broadband exchange will be able to get 512Kbps and 96% (the same percentage that can get 512Kbps now) will be able to get 1Mbps service. This is obviously what resulted in the changes to Wanadoo's accounts.

Nice to see better speeds coming at a lower price, however, they can keep it, and their caps.

what about old customers? :eek:

i still get unlimeted 512k, no caps :D, but 1MB would be sweeeet :D

Henyman said:
what about old customers? :eek:

i still get unlimeted 512k, no caps :D, but 1MB would be sweeeet :D

I think you would have to upgrade to one of the new options which I posted above. As the caps are not being activated until next year I am going to sign up for the £17.99 one and then upgrade once the caps come into effect. :cool:

P.S. It costs £20 to switch to another option and your 12 month contract gets restarted. :(

ugh, caps and a contract. Admittedly the prices aren't as good, but there are many many other ISP's out there offering no caps/limits and on a month-by-month basis rather than contact.

distance limits (from BT exchange) for 512Kbps service will be removed (previously 6km);

I like that idea, but the bottom line is my exchange hasn't been upgraded anyway.
By the time I get it I will prob. have to go with AOL to avoid a cap.

Unleashed said:
www.zen.co.uk - no caps, no contract :D

£40 a month for 1Mbps + £60 for activation! You would be better off with Wanadoo 1Mbps 30GB a month of downloads for £27.99 (free activation). Surely 30GB would be enough for anyone? My connection gets used about 3 to 4 hours a day and I never go over 1GB.

Also, why do people hate contracts so much. If the price is good does it matter that your stuck with them for 12 months?

Faster speeds sucks if you got a cap .. why even bother to upgrade, so you can reach your cap faster? :(

I got free activation, and 512k. I use easily 30gb or more a month bandwidth.

milecastle said:
I think you would have to upgrade to one of the new options which I posted above. As the caps are not being activated until next year I am going to sign up for the £17.99 one and then upgrade once the caps come into effect. :cool:

nah cus i used to be on freeserve, they honour the old unlimeted contract ;)

i had a look, and they say i can only get 512k still, when is this 6km for 512 gona change?

I am gunna say it, you can't beat AOL in the U.K. free modem, no activation fee, free starter months, unlimited downloads (bandwidth) free tech support and I have had a price drop this year already.

I likes their style. Freeserve I would like to applaud as the first free service no fee's you only paid for phone calls, hence freeserve, but, till they match AOL price's, ditch the costly tech support and have uncapped, unlimited downloads they aint getting my monies!

People usually moan about AOL software, you can use a dialer now, so less harsh.

indeed i had a great time on Aol, but was paying nearly £17 for 56k :eek:

I once got 6 months 56 k for free on a trial from AOL when I changed my isp when I could only get dial-up. I think they're great.

Henyman said:
indeed i had a great time on Aol, but was paying nearly £17 for 56k :eek:
:eek:
I only pay £18 for 150k,so to be 300k for same price :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back