[Wallpaper] Angelina Jolie vector

Discussion in 'Desktop Customisation' started by Herkalees, Jul 13, 2003.

1. Herkalees

Herkalees Guest

I was on the can, going through an issue of EGM Magazine when I saw a "Got Milk" advertisement with Angelina as Lara (appropriately wearing a milk mustache and not much else).

I ripped out the ad, scanned it in at some ridiculous resolution, and spent the next couple of days slowly tracing her with the pen tool in Photoshop. The .psd consists of about 20 different layers, and I must say, doing it the manual way definitely gives you the most control, though it takes forever. Maybe over time I'll get quicker...

Anyway, this was my first stab at a vector conversion from a photo, let me know what you all think.

[I personally am not crazy about the face area, but the only way to make it look more real is to start adding gradients for shadows, then it's not really vector art...]

<< Click Here >>
  2. Herkalees

Herkalees Guest

Shizer, I noticed I didn't put this in the proper thread. I'm losing it, please move it into the wallpapers thread.
  3. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

Thank you for sharing your bathroon xp-erience with us, I was always curious what NTFS members did while on the 'can' :rolleyes: :p
  4. InSaN|tY

InSaN|tY OSNN Junior Addict

Not bad but theres no shading or highlighting, it looks unnatural :confused:
  5. Ketchupisyourfriend

Ketchupisyourfriend OSNN Senior Addict

I'll probably get a lot of heat for saying this, but I've never been much of a fan of Jolie. But that is beside the point, I think the pic looks pretty good. The only part that bothered me was her nose area, it looks like its bleeding. Anyway that's just my 2 cents and I've never considered myself to be much of an art critic anyway lol
  6. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

Ice Crown Citadel
    Dude WHY !!!! takes but ten mins to do a vector ... Post the scan you did and give me 10 mins.
  7. albybum

albybum Penguin Rancher

Elizabethton, TN
    Not to be Anal or anything but that seems to be a Raster and not a vector. :)

Vectors are not made in photoshop and they use mathematical ratios of lines in a program like illustrator. When you resize them you will not lose quality because they are redrawn using proportions based on the original.

Doing something like the above linked pic is a rasterized image. A bitmap or per-pixel based image. That style is similar to cell shading. :)~

But that is a really nice image. For anyone interested in this type of art Deviantart.com has some really great images and some of the best tutorials on the net.
  8. Herkalees

Herkalees Guest

Oh I know it's a raster image, "vector" is the word which came to mind when describing it's style... but you also mentioned "cell shaded", which now that I think of it is much more appropriate.

e-mail me and I'll send it to you.

You need help. jk

Thanks everyone else, when I'm done with a little update to my website, I may tackle some shadowing etc...