W32.klez.h.@mm

Z

Zodiaq

Hey everyone...I don't know what the hell is going on here.
For the past week I have been receiving this virus in my emails.

I have 5 different accounts through ATT Broadband and they are all getting hit.

I don't understand. 2 of the accounts are exclusively for business. So it's not like I am receiving a bunch of junkmail or signing up for anything or that sort of stuff.

It's gotten out of control, what can I do?

Thanks

lol ok that was a bit dumb reply...
now for the serious stuff. Try to trace where the emails are coming from. You can use a program like visual route to get a lot of info bout the sender. I geuss its to much work to take 5 new email adresses. You can also just wait. Had this too with the yaha virus and it stopped after a while.

I too was getting tons of Klez virus e-mails a day. I'm on Dial-up (getting DSL on Dec. 16, thankfully), so you can imagine how annoying it was to have to download several Klez infected e-mails everytime I checked my mail. I finally resorted to using Webmail, just so I didn't have to download it all. Then it just stopped. All of the Klez e-mails stopped as quickly as they started.

lol ok that was a bit dumb reply... now for the serious stuff. Try to trace where the emails are coming from. You can use a program like visual route to get a lot of info bout the sender. I geuss its to much work to take 5 new email adresses. You can also just wait. Had this too with the yaha virus and it stopped after a while.

Visual Route would only work if the sender was not using a proxy or an anonymous mailer ( euthanasia, anonmailer..etc) And most of the "senders" that send out the Viruses indeed do have numerous proxies and anon mailers...

had that problem ahile ago after giving out my personal email to a buddy and ended up blocking all the address's with OE

If it is your business line that is infected you have either become infected and have passed the virus to everyone in your address book (Do a scan immediatly) and they are simply bouncing it back around their contacts.

Or one of your contacts has been infected and infected alot of your colleagues, recommend making sure you are clean then sending an nice email to all your contacts advising to do the same.

Thanks guys...I think that someone in my address book was infected. They've started to slow down but I still recieve them a couple times a week.

Same thing is just now happening to my dad's e-mail. It started when we got this one message with it contained in it. Norton Antivirus found the virus, and quarantined it, then I deleted it from quarantine. Now, my dad's mail keeps getting more and more, but they're not from people. They're from "mailer-daemons" and whatnot. I'm curious, am I infected? I've ran a scan with norton and a few other online ones and they haven't found anything. I even tried using the klez removal tool but it didn't find it. Why would I keep getting the "mailer-daemon" e-mails with klez attached if I'm not infected?

because it spreads by grabbing your email addy book and mailing itself to everyone in it ...then it grabs their's ...and since your listed in their's you start getting emails from them ...even tho you are clean ...the ones that dont have AV protection just keep spreading it unaware or to lazy to care

just block the email addies with OE or Outlook

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back