Volcano 7

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Decepshun, Apr 27, 2002.

1. Decepshun

Decepshun Guest

Can someone point me to a web site showing the Volcano 7?

I wanna kewl down mah PIV 1700
    msi mainboard 400mhz bus
    3 gig ddr
    unfortunately Geforce2 mx 400 64

yadda yadda yadda ad nauseum ad infinitum

2. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

3. Decepshun

Decepshun Guest

thanks heaps

4. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

5. AmarSingh

AmarSingh Guest

I just built a system with AMD XP 1900, 512 MB DDR333 and Gigbyte GA-7vrxp. I used a volcano 7 fan cuz i read on many sites that it almost always runs at the lower speed. My fan runs at the lower speed for about 30 seconds to 1 minute after boot then it creeps up. It is always running at > 5000rpm and the cpu temp never comes below 50 - 55 degrees celsius. Is this normal or abnormal?? system temp is about 40-45 degrees. i only ask cuz this is my first amd cpu and everyone says that their volcano 7 is so quiet....mine is SO LOUD.

6. dejav00

dejav00 Guest

I use the Volcano 7+ set on High, I've never had a problem with the vibrating noise like it needs to be oiled, and I can't hear the fan over my 4 80mm case fans and my slot fan:D (That slot fan is NOISY too, I'm gonna get a Tt Crystal Orb this summer for my GPU...or maybe I'll just get a hydro-cooling system...maybe if I find one that looks cool:))

7. xsivforce

Something doesn't sound right there. Mine usually runs about 2500 to 3000 rpm. Temps at load about 50. Do you have a good thermal compound between the Heatsink and fan? When I got my volcano, I removed the thermal "gook" that comes on it and used arctic silver 3 instead.

8. AmarSingh

AmarSingh Guest

what cpu do you have?? is it 1900??

when i say i built my computer, i got the guy at the computer shop to put the mobo in the case and install the cpu and heatsink/fan cuz i didnt want to put it on wrong and fry my cpu (never done cpu install before). he did it for free so it was ok. i "built" the rest myself....maybe he left the original thermal compund on; im not sure ill have to ask.

9. xsivforce

Mine is a 1.4 T-bird. I really don't know if the "original" stuff is no good. I just know that arctic silver is that good. If you do decide to switch to arctic silver, be sure you apply a very thin layer.

10. dejav00

dejav00 Guest

Mine is a 1700+ at 1900+...Runs around 50°C loaded, I'm not using Arctic Silver, just some imitation stuff, Arctic Silver is about 80% Micronized Silver, 20% Silicone, mine is just about reverse that.