visual styles

Discussion in 'Desktop Customisation' started by nick_fury, Jun 13, 2002.

1. nick_fury

nick_fury Guest

Is there any way to install visual styles without stylexp, because I tried to uninstall stylexp (even deleted the registry keys) and d/l a new one, and it still said my evaluation was up.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. andy_rose

andy_rose Moderator

get the uxtheme.dll patch from tgtsoft.com

3. J0sh

J0sh Guest

4. nick_fury

nick_fury Guest

I did install the patch, and the visual styles won't install

5. andy_rose

andy_rose Moderator

ok, many people have problems installing the patch. follow THESE instructions, and u are using the styles u want in no time :)

6. nick_fury

nick_fury Guest

I did exactly what it said, and it's still won't let me install visual styles. They only appear as old skool widows 98 blocky style... Can anyone hook me up with the old freeware version of StyleXP?

7. andy_rose

andy_rose Moderator

8. AndyP

AndyP OSNN Senior Addict

If you still got problems, download the already patched dll from my site here: http://www.ia-stud.hiof.no/~andreasp/uxtheme.dll
    To install it; boot up XP in safe-mode (press F8 after BIOS check on startup and choose boot up in safe mode from the list) go to your Windows/System32 folder, rename your uxtheme.dll to uxtheme.bak and copy the uxtheme.dll you downloaded from me in this folder instead!

9. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

andy_rose

which 1 is the free 1? + does it have the same features as the shareware version i have?

10. silent_bob

silent_bob Guest

the dll is the free one and it does roughly the same things - in that it will allow u to apply syles

11. andy_rose

andy_rose Moderator

the one at the top is the first stylexp that came out. it just patch the dll so u can use other themes. atleast that one wont stop working after 30 days. if i remember correctly stylexp was free up to beta 3.

12. Henyman

can u give me sum more detailed explaination on what 2 patch + how 2 install it plz?

13. andy_rose

andy_rose Moderator

ehh, just download and install. thats it. after the installation is done it asks u to reboot the comp..when thats done,u can use other styles.

14. Henyman

kool thanx is it basically the same as the version 1?

15. andy_rose

andy_rose Moderator

well, the first 3-4 betas of stylexp doesent have the same interface and doesent include the rotate function. other than that it's the same..and free :D

16. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

I'm stuck with a full registered version of Stylexp.. which I dont use!.. silly me for not trying b4 I bought it!.. but i dont like trial software!

I'm sticking to windowblinds! :D