Visual Studio 6 Enterprise

C

ChrissiCom

Really funny MS!

I am using VB and C++ from the Visual Studio 6 Enterprise package BUT... under Windows XP I can't install the application although it's the newest version of its kind. When I run the setup it says that I cannot install the software in this system. Is there any known compatibility bug with VS6 Enterprise and Win XP ?!

Btw... I am running WinXP Pro and have all updates installed, including the app compatibility update.

Chrissi

Which application is it? I have a MSDN copy of VS6 Enterprise Edition and I have been able to install it on 3 WinXP Pro workstations without any major issues. The only *minor* issue that I have had was Visual Interdev not letting me add another data connection to my project with SQL server. I got that fixed from a Technet article though.

Hmmm... I don't know what I did wrong the first time. I did install the compatibility update again. This time manually from a file instead of using Windows Update and now it works. Well, good it works but I can't explain why it didn't work before.

Chrissi

I had no problems installing VS6 on 4 machines running xp pro/home, all with different configs, even without the need for the compatibility wizard. Perhaps is it a problem with a specific area of the installation, such as the one mentioned above.

Good to hear =) I'm backing up a copy of VS6E as we speak for testing at home. Of course, I'm not now running XP there...*grumbles*
/L.A

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back