Visual Studio 6 Enterprise

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ChrissiCom, Dec 7, 2001.

1. ChrissiCom

ChrissiCom Guest

Really funny MS!

I am using VB and C++ from the Visual Studio 6 Enterprise package BUT... under Windows XP I can't install the application although it's the newest version of its kind. When I run the setup it says that I cannot install the software in this system. Is there any known compatibility bug with VS6 Enterprise and Win XP ?!

Btw... I am running WinXP Pro and have all updates installed, including the app compatibility update.

Chrissi

2. clutch

clutch Guest

Which application is it? I have a MSDN copy of VS6 Enterprise Edition and I have been able to install it on 3 WinXP Pro workstations without any major issues. The only *minor* issue that I have had was Visual Interdev not letting me add another data connection to my project with SQL server. I got that fixed from a Technet article though.

3. ChrissiCom

ChrissiCom Guest

Hmmm... I don't know what I did wrong the first time. I did install the compatibility update again. This time manually from a file instead of using Windows Update and now it works. Well, good it works but I can't explain why it didn't work before.

Chrissi

4. Cyborg_Dell

Cyborg_Dell Guest

I had no problems installing VS6 on 4 machines running xp pro/home, all with different configs, even without the need for the compatibility wizard. Perhaps is it a problem with a specific area of the installation, such as the one mentioned above.

5. Lactic.Acid

Lactic.Acid Guest

Good to hear =) I'm backing up a copy of VS6E as we speak for testing at home. Of course, I'm not now running XP there...*grumbles*
    /L.A