Vista SP1 - more details

would have been nice if they dropped it on connect. I can download RTM server 2008 but only the RC Refresh of SP1.... I've only been testing it without faults since I was invited to the beta program.....

torrent was mentioned as a statement of fact, as it is already on there

would have been nice if they dropped it on connect. I can download RTM server 2008 but only the RC Refresh of SP1.... I've only been testing it without faults since I was invited to the beta program.....

Soon enough I'm sure - am updating a few servers to 2008 this weekend :D

Still mentions torrent in the article.

Didn't notice that, but can't edit articles :(

i already have, keep forgeting i need to censor my articles more than other people

i already have, keep forgeting i need to censor my articles more than other people
That is not true, you are under the same rules as everyone else. You may just think you are targeted because you post more than anyone else giving you a higher percentage of posts/articles to review :D

Ya it is not true as we all have to follow the same rules. What you may not be thinking of is even though we are posting for the site we still have to follow the Forum Guidelines as to what can and can not be posted.

i have read that before, and unless your saying the word torrent in a post is construed as warez - which it wasn't meant as, more a fact as it was on those sort of sites

Last edited:
SP1 may be on torrent sites but....Is it an official download choice sanctioned by Microsoft?

What if someone who did not know any better saw a news post telling them to get something on torrent. They download then that download contained a virus or some other malware after they install. They then shoot an email off to or phone Microsoft about the malware in the SP. Microsoft would say that was not an official download and may inquire what site gave them the info telling them it was ok to download from torrent. This could possibly be bad for the site if Microsoft pursued. Meanwhile, the person would never trust the site for info again and may give bad PR about the site to all their friends.

So does anybody have SP1 yet?

The SP1 I've seen on torrent sites is RC Refresh 1 "labelled" as RTM in the torrent file name. I'm hoping it shows up on connect at some point.

Not sure if this is the real deal but Majorgeeks has Vista SP1 available for download.

Now it seems they have changed it to Microsoft Vista Automated Installation Kit

Last edited:
i never said to get it from a torrent - i said it wont be long before its there - i never told them which torrent to look at or where to get it.

But i shall remember for future reference

1.16 GB? :s
if it's done right, it will delete previous patches though, if it's not done right I suspect you can go in and delete those previous patches on your own

what would the net be then?

Server 2008 and Vista will be identical at all times. The only difference will be that vista is optimised for desktop use and server will be optimised for server roles. Otherwise they are identical code-wise.

2008 looks nicer when you install it than vista does :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back