Vista RC1 Audigy ZS Driver

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Mikeyspadezz1127, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Mikeyspadezz1127

Mikeyspadezz1127 OSNN One Post Wonder

Does anyone know where I can get the Soundblaster Audigy ZS 32-bit Vista RC1 sound Card Driver!? If so write me back!

2. kop48

kop48 OSNN Addict

3. Mikeyspadezz1127

Mikeyspadezz1127 OSNN One Post Wonder

4. kop48

kop48 OSNN Addict

Why, yes I have. I went ahead and risked all to try the beta 2 driver on RC1!! :eek:

It's beta software, don't be afraid to try something and be afraid to break it either. It's going to regardless, that's why you're running it. :smoker:

5. Tweakfiend

Tweakfiend OSNN Senior Addict

I Have used the Audigy 2ZS Beta driver from Creative.
    Did not work at all on Build 5384 Beta 2, but works well on 5536 and 5600, although only on 2 speakers out of 5 because no updated sound software is available.. only the drivers.

6. lancer

lancer There is no answer! Political User Folding Team

i have an audigy and am using the driver from creative, works perfectly for me.

7. kop48

kop48 OSNN Addict

Use the Creative Audio Console and set your card up properly. Make sure you hae surround sound selected. Mine works, but nowhere near as well as XP - i.e. I have stereo surround more akin to CSS1 then full surround. Still - it's pretty good and the only problem I had was the system blue-screening when I had an application using the soundcard and I tried to test the speakers in windows. It warned me that an application already had exclusive access to the soundcard and that it might be unstable and I forced it to continue and blam! - windows died. It's a bit amazing that the graphics have been coded to be fully shared whereas the sound is still slightly-legacy.

Also does anyone know how to access the settings like these using Audigy? I swear they're not all there: http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060907-7682.html