Vista gaming problems

How is Call of duty 4? I'm really involved with a few atm: BioShock, World In Conflict, ScarFace, ShellShock (Nam'67), Warfighter 2, Company Of Heroes, FEAR + Condemned to name a few.. just think I need more variety!

Is it worth a spend?

Cheers
If you like shooter you will like this one, I spend time in the service (Army), as a airborne infantry soldier, and it bought back a lot of good and fun memory.

Yes - Short is the word! been awhile since I've posted here but yeah, bought it, completed it, shelved it! Was worth it tho, amazing graphics!

Did you ever put Vista back on Lawman? I heard SP1 will be about soon!

Whoop!

No, but I'm thinking about going with the 64 bit version if it's price ever goes down some. Started playing Gears of war, love it too.

You know what Lawman, I'm thinking - [Censored] - I know thats blasphemous but thats the way of the world! At least that way, [censored] you go out and 'Buy' a copy!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get me wrong, I loved the style, screen changes, wigets and just about everthing else. It just suck alot of menory, and didn't play my games worth anything.

Vista doesn't use a lot of memory. It caches a lot of data the same way that Linux, Unix, BSD, MacOs and other memory efficient operating systems do.

Vista also does not have any issues playing games. There are probably issues with your device drivers or other parts of your PC.

Vista doesn't use a lot of memory. It caches a lot of data the same way that Linux, Unix, BSD, MacOs and other memory efficient operating systems do.

Vista also does not have any issues playing games. There are probably issues with your device drivers or other parts of your PC.

Yeah, that was the issue back in November last year, I picked this thread up again to see how LawMan was getting on lol. I think Vista's okay, I'm still not going to use it until I get all my hardware sorted - i'm thinking of chucking a Phenom processor in there and going for Vista with 4Gb pc8500 and Vista. Never 64bit tho - I've never used it so I can't complain that my x86 is slower! ha. :crosseyed:

Lord Of LA, i know what your saying, I just had issues with the 32 bit version that drove me crazy. The system I'm running now is AMD 6000+, 4 Gigs of Ram Evga 8600GT video card all on a Abit AN-M2 motherboard. I have been using the 64 bit XP Pro weeks after it came out, and being the companies that put these programs out will most likely switch to 64 bit sometime in the future, I started with it about 2 builds ago, and has worked great for me. I still have my disk for Vista 32 Ultimate and won't ever give it up.

Lord Of LA, i know what your saying, I just had issues with the 32 bit version that drove me crazy. The system I'm running now is AMD 6000+, 4 Gigs of Ram Evga 8600GT video card all on a Abit AN-M2 motherboard. I have been using the 64 bit XP Pro weeks after it came out, and being the companies that put these programs out will most likely switch to 64 bit sometime in the future, I started with it about 2 builds ago, and has worked great for me. I still have my disk for Vista 32 Ultimate and won't ever give it up.

Haha, thats odd, we must have a pretty generic setup then LawMan, I'm running AMD 5200+, ABit AN-M2HD mobo, 4Gb Ram and an 8600GT video card. Mental. Suppose I should investigate 64bit Vista - What are the fundamental differences then?

some 32bit apps run ok on it - some dont so you may require 64bit versions of them, if there is any

Carpo's very right in the the matter of speed, that's why I like it, and about the hardware, great minds think alike. I may reload vista soon, so CP how's it been working with your current hardware?

Carpo's very right in the the matter of speed, that's why I like it, and about the hardware, great minds think alike. I may reload vista soon, so CP how's it been working with your current hardware?

Yeah, sweet Lawman, I've had no issues to date - I'm just about to chuck Vista on the system to be honest. It'll be 32 but I'll grab a copy of 64bit from Novatech (UK), stick it on the new build I have in the corner (Still in bits atm!) and see how it runs. I've just had a little issue with my 500Gb Sata, for some reason it freezes-up on access. No disk noise or anything.. I've put it down to frag and age - I'll be sorting that out during the week but for now, I just unwrapped a new HDD from stock and that'll do me!

I'll let you know what true dx10 gaming is like in the not-too-distant! :yowch:

Annoying thing is - I'm still backing everything up... Its amazing how much junk can find its way onto ones PC in such a short time eh!

I think thats me for the night. I'll crack-on after work tomorrow! :crosseyed:

Glad to hear that CP, I was trying to get rid of some little old equipment to a used shop but I think I'm going to build it into a system and run vista some time next month. Good luck with that.

Hey, Hey, lawman back online, CP, I had hell with the 2nd install of Vista 32, and that bad HHD, put the new one in and had almost the same problem. When I reformatted the driver for the 3rd time and it finally took I was so releifed, but only to find out the new Mobo I install had a bad lan plug, but not to be defeated I just pop in another in a PCI slot, so far working great, other that loads games pretty slow.

Hey, Hey, lawman back online, CP, I had hell with the 2nd install of Vista 32, and that bad HHD, put the new one in and had almost the same problem. When I reformatted the driver for the 3rd time and it finally took I was so releifed, but only to find out the new Mobo I install had a bad lan plug, but not to be defeated I just pop in another in a PCI slot, so far working great, other that loads games pretty slow.

Damn, sounds like you've been having fun! Can't believe you got a bad mobo - Thats just annoying! Glad you got the Hdd up and sorted, you must have wanted to not-bother after the 2nd time! Let me know if there's anything you need buddy.

CP.
:yowch:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back