Vista froze up during Automatic Updates

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by austinsandford, Jul 11, 2007.

1. austinsandford

austinsandford OSNN One Post Wonder

1) last night my vista update froze after about 18% of a security update and i had to use control alt delete to close the system down it told me that it had stopped responding. All other downloads from the net are still working, has anyone else had a similar problem if so whats the way to resolve it

2) How do i get programs like u torrent to work with vista I have tried to open the ports but i am unable to get it to work, I use to use azureous but that does not work either, it keeps telling me that the port is closed, any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

2. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

Thread moved/renamed.

Please be more specific with your thread titles in the future.

3. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I would typically leave the updater running if possible. Sometimes it takes a little longer. Also, when it says "stopped responding", it isn't always so :D It sometimes says that when you try to "break" the operation.

Personally, I haven't had an issue with the updater. Heck, the only issue I've ever had has been with some games not liking it when I changed some settings. Shutting down and restarting the application (not my computer) resolved the issue, no problem :)

Utorrent should just... um... work.

Fire it up, grab a torrent, start the dl and you should be just peachy. If a port is closed, you can try forwarding ports through your router's configuration. Typically Utorrent will do everything for you. I've never had an issue with it.