Vista Defrag is annoying, can I make it disappear?

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hey All,

How can I make Vista Defrag stop working? I don't like the fact that it works in the background, it is always "analyzing disks" whenever I open it. It has no progression bar.

My question: Can I stop it? Can I disable it? Can I make it go away?

MS, what exactly were you thinking making the defrag do this?

Thanks in advance,

Heeter

Just uncheck the "Run on a schedule" box and close it. It won't run automatically once you do that. :)

It has been "analyzing disks" since yesterday, though.

Does it think that it needs to do all the mapped drives? Is that what is happening? I can't shut down this analyzing and I don't know how far it's gotten. Is it nearly done or is it frozen? No idea.

Heeter

I was going to do a defrag the other night and then it said it just ran the other night. I like the feature. I just have it setup when I am not around.

I don't know how far it's gotten. Is it nearly done or is it frozen? No idea.

that's what i hate about vista's defrag... doesn't have the **** progress/graphic bar

^ ya ms guys thought, WE the users didnt need to have it...actually !!!
prefer auslogics free defragger instead.

ya, but vista defrag has been completly rewritten and it really works well,
and it really dosent take up your cpu

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back