Vista Crashes out of sleep

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by kpdull, Mar 28, 2007.

1. kpdull

kpdull OSNN One Post Wonder

New Computer with Windows Vista Home Premium (32 bit) keeps crashing once it comes out of sleep.

HP Pavilion
    AMD Dual Core
    1GB RAM
    NVIDIA 6150 LE

I have tried everything from tech support with HP - changing power settings, stopping screen savers, disabling mouse, keyboard, network from awakeing computer....if HP has it as a solution on their web site I have done it.

I have downloaded the lateset and greatest driver from NVIDIA. v101.41 for the card I am running. No good.

It works fine as long as it does not go to sleep. I am currently at the point where I disable sleep, and always keep the computer on. Monitor turns off and screen saver works fine. Just can't put it to sleep.

If the compuiter is woke up from sleep, it takes anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes for it to freeze up. This can happen by running any application or simply doing nothing. Montior becomes all distotrted and the keyoard does not repond. To get it out of this locked condidtion I have to resort to rebooting manually with my index finger....nothing else works.

Extremely frustrated. Does anybody have any solutions out there that might be a step in the right direction to get this resolved

2. omg its nlm

omg its nlm lvl 17 Hax Folding Team

I am seeing issues like this posted all over. Dang Vista. Once in a while I have issues with mine coming out of sleep.

3. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

Get the latest nvidia beta drivers. its a known issue with the current "released" drivers that they crash waking up from standby.

4. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

Mine its the USB devices it loose's them when it comes out of sleep , and another bug is the sound the microphone it wont keep settings in that from reboot to reboot it loose's its settings ... but thats what we get for jumping on board early