Vista crashes all the time

Hereward.... seriously... TRY resetting your BIOS settings to defaults and only changing the necessities to have your computer boot. worked quite well for me. At one point i couldn't even get to the desktop without my computer getting a BSOD... sometimes blue screening during the install. changed my BIOS settings back to pretty close to the factory defaults... installed the first try. Then i had trouble with nvdisp.dll crashing every 30 seconds... but that was just a driver issue that was completely cleared up by reinstalling and just using the drivers that are on the NVidia website... not the beta ones you can find here.

Everyone knows at this point that Vista is REALLY picky.... and can't stress that enough. If you installed Vista on your computer a single time and it's crashing whenever you try to load the control panel... and you haven't really tried anything else.... then don't complain about Vista until you've tried EVERYTHING!

Forgive my ignorance, but how do I reset Bios settings to default?

Many thanks.

H

well..... you could reset the BIOS right on the motherboard.... but seeing as you don't know how to reset the BIOS.... do you know how to get into your BIOS? i think they usually have an option in there to reset everything back to the defaults.

Hmm.... then chances are the settings haven't been changed at all..... hard to say really.

this is also probably gonna be a dumb question judging by your last comment.... but.... retail purchased PC, or home-built?

I put on vista prim on my laptop and it was so crappy i was going to throw my laptop, but after i put one more ram 1 gig or ddr2 533Mhz, the thing runs very smooth no delayed start ups or any other problems. Just go over 1 gig to have a good experience with vista.

Forgive my ignorance, but how do I reset Bios settings to default?

Many thanks.

H

Need your motherboard make, usually it's a Function Key to head on into it, you must catch it before the OS begins to load.

Once we have it, should be able to direct you without issue.

With regards to the sarcasm, I think it's related to your ignorance. You are forgiven, we are here to help. :)

I got this new Toshiba with vista installed already and the thing just crashes right in the middle of everything i am doing. Window is experiencing a shut down is all it says and it is the slowest process I have ever used. Think I am going to have something else installed and soon:smoker:

what are you running before it crashes ?? Other wards: post a hjackthis list ...

holythreadresurrectionbaf0.jpg

you're tellin me. lol. i was lookin at this, thinking it was a recent issue, and first thing i see are my posts. i'm like ".... when the hell did i reply to this?!?!"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back