Vista and Windows Live Messenger

pluto

OSNN Addict
WLM keeps signing out. I tried looking through all the options and I cant determin what could be causing this.

I use WLM in XP and it very rarely signs out.

Any ideas?

Specs:

Realtek RTL8169 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Netgear Wireless Router WRG614v2 (my computer is wired to the router)
Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 14
All Windows protection software is on.

Check firewall settings. Check connectivity information in WLM - In options, last tab.

Check firewall settings. Check connectivity information in WLM - In options, last tab.

Despite disabling the firewall, the virus scanner and User Account Control, it still kept signing out.

The connectivity information didnt show any errors either.

Maybe its a bug with Vista and lack of support for my Netgear router?

If your modem is separate from your router, try plugging in directly to that for at least twice the amount of time it takes for you to get signed out when using the router.

If that fails, or you router is a combo, try upgrading the firmware (the old one might have UPnP issues).

If THAT fails (or you don't feel comfortable doing it), install MSN 7.5 and see if that works fine compared to WLM.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back