Viruses!!!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ste_w, Jul 3, 2002.

1. ste_w

ste_w Moderator

I THINK I HAVE ANOTHER GOD DAMN VIRUS.
    I TRY TO GOT TO USER ACCOUNTS ON CONTROL PANNEL BUT WEN I CLICK THE USER ACCOUNTS ICON NOTHING HAPPENS? ALSO I CLIK ON WORD AN IT SAYS .....IS NOT A VALID 32BIT APPLICATION" IT DOES THE SAME WEN I CLICK ON DEFRAG. IVE TRIED REVOVERY AN RESTOERE BUT ITS STILL THERE, I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO REBOOT MY COMP PLEASE HELP ME!!

THANX

STE_W

2. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

well screaming and cussing about it ain't going to help,

run ur virus scanner

:cool:

3. ste_w

ste_w Moderator

can someone please help me PLEASE!?

4. leonlai

leonlai Guest

5. ste_w

ste_w Moderator

Which virus scanner?
    I dont have one?
    where can i get one then (free)

THANX

6. lol

AVG is free and it's here http://www.grisoft.com/

Remember it's no use moaning about having AIDS when you had unprotected sex.

think about it.

7. leonlai

leonlai Guest

8. neoterixx

neoterixx Guest

VIRUSES SUCK!:D

9. it sounds like a virus that modifies how exes run in the registry. if not a virus, try a registry check utility like norton windoctor 2002.

10. zoey

zoey Guest

Dude, I know you are pissed, but the First rule of computer downloading is to have a virus scanner. I had 6 last month.
    www.pandasoftware.com

11. leonlai

leonlai Guest

u cant beat the 340 my brother had after his system scan

12. ManInCamo

ManInCamo Guest

I run two major firewalls and two virus scanners(one NAV, and one that not many know about, but outperformes NAV)

you must be safe son. My parents never update their damn computer virus definitions, i updloaded a new virus checked, updated it and ran it... they had like 58 virus' from emails and shit...

13. Friend of Bill

Friend of Bill What, me worry?

Quote: "(one NAV, and one that not many know about, but outperformes NAV)"

Cool, but which app is this that "outperforms" NAV?

14. Spanko

Spanko Guest

I dont install firewalls, I dont run firewalls, I dont install antivirus programs. I scane my computer for a virus once a week, with

http://housecall.antivirus.com

I have never EVER had a virus, and I have never EVER been hacked. Common sense and a little software knowledge is much better protection then installing half a dozen programs that use all your memory, and interfere with all your games and apps, and prevent you from controlling your computer.

15. ManInCamo

ManInCamo Guest

Shh its a secret... www.quickheal.com

spanko, you either don't use the internet alot, don't get alot of emails or everything you do online is legit and never download files from file sharing networks or other warez... my programs don't intefere with anything... if they do, then the user is retarted

16. dave holbon

dave holbon Moderator

Iv'e had this same error, everytime you try to run any sort of pragramme an error message appears, had this happen only this morning (again).

I have no viruses on my machine (that Norton can detect) I also use spyware removers and a firewall.

It took two re-boots to cure, don't know what caused it but it was not a virus. There were also errors on the volume reported.

The last time this happened I re-booted and a message something like ("can't find "c:\Windows\System32 "?????.???")

I had to perform a clean install of XP and re-format the two drives I have.

You can try (using the recovery consul) chkdsk /p.