Virii create mass files in named 00000001, 00000002, etc?

G

gogetadbl

After I installed SP1 and ran Kazaa Lite, my computer lagged very very badly. When I ran Kazaa, i began noticing files like 00000001, 00000002, 00000003 in different file formats in my temp directory (C:\Documents and Settings\USER NAME\Local\Temp). Each file is about 300 megs and whenever i run kazaa they seem to appear, anyone happen to know if its related to kazaa or should I just reformat?

Do a search for the kazaa virus (don't know the official name). There is a way to get rid of it.

if it's the benjamin virus, it has an explorer.scr file that I don't have, nor do I have any of the registry entries :(

Thanks though :)

Anyone else have a fix?

This is kind of off topic, but do you like Kazaa lite? My friend had some problems with it so I never downloaded it, but I think his computer was just messed.

WOW Thanks much!

And yes, I love Kazaa Lite very much due to lag-less issues.

And also, my problem with the 000000, 000001 etc files still exists and it doesn't seem to have to do with kazaa, after I uninstalled it and left the comp for 2 hours, i had 2 gigs of uselss info.

Hmm I don't have benjamin or the KoW backdoor virus, anyone have any other sugestion?

just tried a full scan from housecall virus scan, nothing yet.

strange one

I had a little time to waste so I tried to locate a virus that would be acting that way and did not find anything , very strange is it still filling your hard drive?

I would backup my crap and format that sucker right quick if it was me ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back