Virii create mass files in named 00000001, 00000002, etc?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by gogetadbl, Sep 11, 2002.

1. gogetadbl

gogetadbl Guest

After I installed SP1 and ran Kazaa Lite, my computer lagged very very badly. When I ran Kazaa, i began noticing files like 00000001, 00000002, 00000003 in different file formats in my temp directory (C:\Documents and Settings\USER NAME\Local\Temp). Each file is about 300 megs and whenever i run kazaa they seem to appear, anyone happen to know if its related to kazaa or should I just reformat?
  2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Melbourne Australia
    Do a search for the kazaa virus (don't know the official name). There is a way to get rid of it.
  3. gogetadbl

gogetadbl Guest

if it's the benjamin virus, it has an explorer.scr file that I don't have, nor do I have any of the registry entries :(

Thanks though :)

Anyone else have a fix?
  4. MultiPle3

MultiPle3 Guest

This is kind of off topic, but do you like Kazaa lite? My friend had some problems with it so I never downloaded it, but I think his computer was just messed.
  5. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

Texas, USA
    Have a look at --> this article from our front page news.
  6. gogetadbl

gogetadbl Guest

WOW Thanks much!

And yes, I love Kazaa Lite very much due to lag-less issues.

And also, my problem with the 000000, 000001 etc files still exists and it doesn't seem to have to do with kazaa, after I uninstalled it and left the comp for 2 hours, i had 2 gigs of uselss info.
  7. gogetadbl

gogetadbl Guest

Hmm I don't have benjamin or the KoW backdoor virus, anyone have any other sugestion?
  8. gogetadbl

gogetadbl Guest

just tried a full scan from housecall virus scan, nothing yet.
  9. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

L'Ile Perrot Quebec
    strange one

I had a little time to waste so I tried to locate a virus that would be acting that way and did not find anything , very strange is it still filling your hard drive?

I would backup my crap and format that sucker right quick if it was me ;)