Vin Diesel starring in Hitman movie

~bk

I
Political Access
When the sci-fi epic Chronicles of Riddick hit movie theaters last summer, it arrived alongside the release of its game tie-in, The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay for the Xbox (and later for the PC). Though the film was tepidly received, the game was a success, enjoying brisk sales and earning critical kudos, including a nomination for GameSpot's 2004 Game of the Year.
dotclear.gif

Part of the reason for Escape from Butcher Bay's success was the fact that Riddick star Vin Diesel is a lifelong gamer. The actor--who has publicly professed his love for games going all the way back to the paper-and-pencil Dungeons & Dragons--formed his own game production company, Tigon Studios, to oversee Butcher Bay's development by Swedish studio Starbreeze. The seriousness with which he took the Riddick game project is evident in the final product: Butcher Bay's voice acting and storyline were hailed as top-notch, and its innovative stealth-action gameplay coined the term "first-person stabber."

Now Diesel is poised to blur the line between games and film once again. Today's issues of the Hollywood Reporter and Variety are both reporting that the burly, bald badass has signed on to play Agent 47, the titular assassin of Eidos' Hitman series, on the big screen. Both trades say Diesel has struck a deal to star in and executive-produce 20th Century Fox's upcoming Hitman film project. Charles Gordon (Die Hard) and Adrian Askarieh (the forthcoming Spy Hunter) will produce the project, along with Eidos vice president of marketing and communications Paul Baldwin. No director is currently attached, and the film would not hit theaters until 2006--at the earliest.

Full Article

Not another game-movie. :speechless:

Little known facts about Vin Diesel:
-He once asked to borrow a cup of sugar from Benjamin Franklin. When Franklin said no, Vin Diesel killed him with a sword.
-There is no emoticon for the way Vin Diesel feels.
-Vin Diesel created rainbows to distract people before he punches them in the teeth. According to him, it worked on Mother Theresa.
-I saw Vin Diesel buying a hip flask once, and was unable to move any muscle in my body for 37 hours. I was lucky - people have died just from being in his presence.
-Vin Diesel once crushed a beer keg against his forehead after drinking all of its contents.
-You don't control Vin Diesel. You only aim him.

http://www.4q.cc/vin/

Last edited:
you know i really liked the riddick movies and i loved the game. It was his voice that made that game so cool it rarely was corny. I think this has great potential. I love the hitman games and will be happy to see another. And i wont be ashamed to admit.. Other than XXX i really like vin disels movies. He is the new bruce willis in my opinion.

I like the hitman games alot. Hope they do a good job with making this movie :).

Loved the game Hitman, hope this becomes a good movie. I like Vin's movies, sometimes they can be just a bit over the edge, make it more life like (Xray binoculars? WTF?)

one more thing. If you loved riddick the movie vin disel acualy voiced a anime movie set before the riddick movie. It explains alot and is very entertaining. You can problay find it online but i might have a divix copy of it if someone wanted it badenough to PM me.

come on xsiv you gotta say you liked Pitch Black, that film was fantastic :D

The movie was good. Vin was not. A piece of cardboard is more animated.

"Stop being a dick, Dick."

God, the worst piece of movie dialogue EVER!

Vin Diesel blows, though I can see where you would say he suits this character. He needs to slim down quite a bit for it I think.

Geffy said:
come on xsiv you gotta say you liked Pitch Black, that film was fantastic :D

Never seen it. Backchannel it to me?

Grandmaster said:

Vin Diesel blows, though I can see where you would say he suits this character. He needs to slim down quite a bit for it I think.

Indeed.

Grandmaster said:

I believe the quote goes, "the moral is dont be a dick, dick" referring to the senator against video games, Dick Hotchkis.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back