Vietcong?

M

MJS

Hi,

I have had Vietcong since it was first released in the UK (April) and I think its an amazing game (single player owns). I'm not sure how many of you have played it or have it, but I am having some problems with running it.

I used to have a GeForce 4 MX440 and it ran Vietcong ok, the graphics were turned down a little, but it still looked pretty ok and the framerate wasn't unbearably slow (I finished the game, so it mustn't have been too bad!).

The problem is, I just got a Radeon 9800XT 256mb card, installed fine, but it doesn't seem to work very well, worse than I expectded. When I start vietcong, the first part, where you start in the base, the framerate is very bad, even when I go to the cards settings and turn AA and AF off and Vsync is always off. The game runs smooth in parts, but it just drops in frames at the weirdest of times, in places where there isnt even dense textures to draw, its very annoying.

The frame drops also seem to happen on Call of Duty aswell, it seems like the frames drop at the weirdest of times. I think the only game I can run comfortably with 4x AA and 4x AF is Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, which never drops below 100fps and maxes at 200fps.

It seems weird because I saw all the 9800XT benchmarks before I purchased the card and they were all tested at resolutions like 1280x1024+ and they ran amazingly, I even saw a Vietcong test which was at 1280x1024 with 4xAA and 2xAF and it ran at over 60fps. I run Vietcong at 1024x768 with no AA or AF but I get crap performance :(

Have any of you got Vietcong or have owned Vietcong, has the game run ok on your card? Also, can any radeon owners give me any advice? I have the new cat 3.10's installed.

Thanks

:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back