video overclocking facility

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by bloker, Jul 8, 2002.

1. bloker

bloker Guest

im trying to over clock my Nvidia GTS as per the speed tweak i have got the registry looking like the the one in the screen shot,but i can find the additional button on my video card anywhere to overclock it.... anyone tell me where it is or how to go from here please thanks bloker
  2. xsk8zerox

xsk8zerox Moderator

right click on your desktop go to properties then to go settings>advanced>your video card>additional properties>clock clock frequencies
  3. bloker

bloker Guest

nvidia gts

thanks for your reply at least i seem to be doing it right....clicked on properties but there is no additional facility there just asks me if i want to unistall the driver etc there is no additional button there.........and more ideas please.... thanks bloker
  4. bloker

bloker Guest

hi catch
    thanks for the reply is my card not supported by this one then its a gts....its shown in the registry but does not give me any other options
  5. Bootsy

Bootsy Huh?

Miami, Fl
    go to and download the geforce utility, it will let you overclock and other stuff too
  6. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

Are you using the cards manufacturers drivers or the generic ones from nvidia's website?

If your using the manufacturers drivers.. then the tweak utils like GTU & NVmax WILL NOT recognise your card, they only work with the generic drivers.

Did you run the coolbits reg hack.. (from utils&overclocking download page). If you have that you dont realy need the above said utilities, coolbits adds a tab to the control panel for overclocking the core and memory and also lets you set the V-sync in D3D, which is normally hidden.
  7. bloker

bloker Guest

stuy_B Hi
    thanks for your reply yes i did download the coolbits thing and i have double clicked it etc etc.....

But i dont appear to be able to find the tab etc .....
    or if indeed there is even one there..........where is it ? i dont seem to be able to find it the registry looks like the one in the picture but no tab. bloker