Video HTML

Discussion in 'Web Design & Coding' started by Jz1397-5, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

I am designing a site (1st one) and using frontpage (yes i know, im new to HTML.) What i want to know is how do i insert a video into HTML, so that a new window opens and the movie plays within the window? Basically a blank page with the move inserted and playing in the middle (like apple.com with movie trailers) any ideas? I can make the page, but the movie inserted is what i don't know how to do.

2. Reg

Reg eXperienced!

Most of the time, they use producers to generate the code. You could check out the vendor for the movie you wish to embed to get the producer for doing it.

3. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

Probably not the best site but 1st I found and I'm lazy as it's like 2am .. anyways you wanna embed the video like this.

4. ignipotentis

ignipotentis OSNN Addict

oi...

to generate the new window you can use javascripts window.open, or you can use a simple anchor. <a href="foo" target="_new">bar</a>

To get the video to play within your new window, i suggest you read about the embed tag.

This should get you started. I know your new, and thats fine... everyone needs to start somewhere, but I suggest using a better tool, such as Dreamweaver.

5. cryogenic

cryogenic OSNN Addict

should be target="_blank", not _new. Also, in the html file where you want the image embedded, use this code (works in both IE and Mozilla).
    Code:
    <embed src="video.wmv" autostart="true" loop="false" ></embed>
    just replace video.wmv with the path and filename to your video. :)