Video Editing Program - What To Use?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Jz1397-5, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

Philadelphia PA
    which video editing program do you reccomend to cut and paste video (from a game) delete the audio and connect them all then add on your own audio layer with a splash screen maybe. any idea how and what programs?
  2. meancode

meancode Guest

i have never done video on the PC before. i am a Media 100 and Final Cut Pro user myself. but Avid DV Express is really nice, and is out for both Mac and PC.
  3. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

New York City
    Adobe Premiere is supposed to be really good. But it's expensive and it has a pretty steep learning curve :huh:
  4. lurker2100

lurker2100 Guest

If you're looking to go the cheap route, check out VirutalDub. It's a pretty powerful video editing package. You can only make avi's with it, though. (Which is fine if you want to use DivX.) The best part is that it's free! :)
  5. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

I'm a Premiere fan myself, but it is quite expensive. You might check out some info on MGI Videowave. I've never used it, but I know that is it a less expensive program that I think will do the things that you want to do.
  6. Polypeptide

Polypeptide Guest

I'm a huge fan of Pinnacle Studio 8 myself. It was a little buggy when it first came out, but i stuck with it. Now that it's up to 8.5 (don't worry, the patches are free) it's solid as a rock and you can get amazing results with it.

Pinnacle Systems
  7. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

Philadelphia PA
    what program should i use for in game capture of video?
  8. gmagnuson

gmagnuson Guest

Try Fraps-Do a search for it. Might work I have not used it, but heard alot about it.