Video Driver problem.

davmail

Bike Pilot!
My monitor looks like 'waves' when I surf the net or use explorer, there is a' !' mark against my video drivers in Device Mananger.I have re-installed them, but to no avail,it says to uninstall the old ones first, BUT if I uninstall them, will my monitor still work so I can put new drivers in??And does anyone have any idea what may have caused this,its horrible, the whole page moves up in waves.Thanks.

I'll assume you have XP.
Remove the offending driver in the device manager, reboot & xp will load the driver again for you. See if that does anything to get rid of the problem.
If it is just a normal type of monitor then xp should get it working with the drivers it has. If the problem is still there it could be a sign your monitor is about to die.

After Nightmares ITS Fixed!!!!!!

Well, isn't XP a real Pig!I have no idea what caused the problem, tried EVERYTHING re-installing drivers, roll backs, sod all worked, so in my wisdom I thought: Re-Install XP,and what did that do?Knocked out ALL my dial-up connections,could not get them back!!So, had to format my hard drive and do a clean install!!!Has taken hours to get right, I never had these problems with 98 or ME.Microsoft need to fix these bugs fast.

Re: After Nightmares ITS Fixed!!!!!!

Originally posted by davmail
Re-Install XP,and what did that do?Knocked out ALL my dial-up connections,could not get them back!!So, had to format my hard drive and do a clean install!!!Has taken hours to get right,
It's a little too late now, but you couldn't make new connections? It is 'normal' behaviour for XP to delete your dial-up connections when doing a re-install.

Originally posted by davmail
I never had these problems with 98 or ME.Microsoft need to fix these bugs fast.
With Win98 or ME your system would have crashed severly due to the faulty (???) videodriver. At least in WinXP you could still continue your work. ;) (no, I don't work for Microsoft :D)

Dial-up connections

Not only did it remove them but the make new connection wizard would not allow you to configure manually, the option to do so was 'greyed out', even though I had downloaded the update to fix this.The ONLY way to fix it was to re-build the registry by doing a 'fresh' install.Thats what I had to do, NO other way round it,not even 'sys restore' could help,BAD.......

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back