Video Controller Error

mac1

OSNN Addict
I asked this on another form and nobody could answer my question. maybe someone here can, probably I should have ask you guys first. :)

I reinstalled Windows XP Home on the computer and all updates and drivers, in Device Manager there was no problems. There was no Yellow ? mark in Device Manager.

I removed the AGP nVidia MMX440 graphic card and uninstalled the nvidia drivers.

I then bought and installed a new ATI 9600XT G/Card to the AGP slot to get better graphics and downloaded the latest drivers from ATI and installed them.

Now Device Manager shows a Yellow ? mark saying there is a controller error.

I thought it was because the on-board motherboard graphic drivers was not installed.

When i tried to update the onboard drivers it won't let me and keeps saying they are corrupt even when i have downloaded new drivers 3 times for the onboard Intel chipset.

Apart from the yellow ? mark everything is working OK.

I would just like to get rid of the Yellow ? mark in Device Manager.

PS the Yellow ? mark says: Video Controller (VGA Compatible) when you right click on it it says (This Device is not configured Correctly ( Code 1).

thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back