Video Card Input/Output on screen.

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Nick M, Oct 31, 2002.

1. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

Hi!

I think this might be somewhat of a bit of a hard question; but I wonder; is it possible to somehow a video game system to my computer; so that it shows on the screen?

I have heard of devices called VGA boxes; but I want one of those. I'm just wondering, with VIVO; how can I do it? Can I?

I want to borrow my friends PS2 over winter break; and play a little bit of Grand Turismo 3, I miss it. Also; want to play SNES a bit.

Here is my graphics card:

Geforce 4 Ti 4400

2. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

Since you have video-in I guess you could just plug the cable in and watch the PS2 image in your TV-viewer.

3. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

I have a TV viewer? :) What's that?

Also; what about sound and stuff...

4. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

you should have a tv in/out module thingie that came with your video card... it should have sound and video inputs on it... it's just a matter of plugging in the game console into those ports and using whatever viewing software that came with your video card.

5. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

Well; here is a picture of my device manager; I think I have all the required VIVO drivers that are needed. However; no viewer software came with the Card; just the VIVO cable; nVidia Demos; and Drivers; VIVO and graphics card. I tried browsing the CD; but nothing there.

Any suggestions for a viewing program please?

[​IMG]

6. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

*bump*

7. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

*bump*

8. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

just a suggestion, read the manual for your video card

then connect the audio of your game console into the input on your sound card (you may need a rca to 1/8th inch mini stereo plug adapter)

9. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

msi and asus bundle WinProducer 2.0 with their vivo cards... might wanna try getting a copy of that.

10. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

Thanks for the audio tip; will get that connector. As for the manual; it's doesn't deserve to be called that; there is nothing in detail about VIVO; at all. I tried contacting the company; no luck there either.

11. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

as far as hardware and physically connecting it all up, it's way too simple... you don't need technical support or a manual. you just need software.