Video Card Help - Looking for Suggestions/Information

Belmont777

OSNN Newbie
Ok... I have a dell dimension 3000 with a gig of ram and a pentium 4 3.2 ghz processor. Im sick and tired of my integrated graphics card so i decided to get a new one. I bought a Geforce 6200 PCI card. Well, I put it in an available PCI slot and turn on my comp and its says new hardware recogonized..... yadayadayada. So it doesnt install the "Video Controller (VGA Compatible) because I dont have the disk. So im like whatever I can get the drivers off the manufactures website.. so i get them and download and get this message in the middle of the install " The software you are installing for this hardware: Nvidia Geforce 6200 has not passed windows Logo testing to verify its compatiblity with windows XP." I dont know waht that means because I downloaded the windows xp drivers from the site. there are many other small problems too, but i think if i can figure this one the others will work out. Any help would be apreciated.

Re: Help me please

It's just a warning message, usually you can click Continue Anyway or something like that.

Were you not able to get the drivers to install?

Yeah, it just means that the drivers are not Microsoft approved. If you got them from Nvidia.com, they are safe.

Ya.... I clicked continue anyway.... But then i plug my monitor in to my graphics card and its just black.... the green light on my monitor is on but the screen is just black.

Windows is still pointing to your onboard video card. The changes must be made in the BIOS and you need to un-install the adapter from Windows as well.

Well the BIOS is where you should start, not sure of what the options are called specifically but I believe it's something along the lines of "Video" - and then it will have two options. One being onboard (which is probably selected), and the other being something like expansion, PCI, etc.

Dimension 3000 setup

This tells you how to enter setup and what options you can change.

I do not see an option to disable the onboard video but you can specify which video is your primary under setup options. Maybe if you set that to your PCI card you will be good to go.

What would happen if i went to open Device Manager/adapters/ highlight my onboard graphics card, click the remove/uninstall box? would it help?

No, you need to do it in the BIOS so that the hardware knows to display on an add-in card.

Thread title modified.

Please be more specific with your thread titles so the community knows what the thread is about.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back