Video Capture Equipment

H

Heineken Man

Hey guys I am looking to get into video editing (for fun mostly) and I have no idea on what kind of equipment I should purchase. I have done a "little" researh but I think I am looking at low end equipment. I am looking to spend just $200.00 for the PC equipment. e.g. pc card and tranfer device. I know alot of you are into that stuff so hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction.

Thanks for the replies in advance,

Heineken Man

I have an ATI All-in-Wonder, it has composite/coax/s-video inputs and composite output I believe. I think it's a very capable card, with the multimedia center, built in dvd decoder, and software you can download from the Internet you can do just about anything as far as capturing goes, plus more.

/bump

I too am interested in what suggestions or opinions you guys have.

Brrruuuummmpppp, bump, bump.

Still looking for some information before I waste my money.

For an inexpensive and what I consider a decent way to do this is like Trinity already mentioned. I've used the all-in-wonder series along with a few old ATI rage fury 32mb cards with video in/out and gotten great results with a very small learning curve. :) I currently use my GeForce2 in the same resects and get some dang fine results! The ATI cards come with free software and as an aside, Windows XP movie maker works ok. I also use a proggy called Irfanview (free also) to capture video/pics from my digicam. (not to mention a hundred other things like batch rename/convert, etc.. :))

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back