Vice City BUGS -- Help

Sazar - I was having similar probs with my 9500 Pro, it would lock up and/or quit to desktop. Turning off the AA and AF fixed the freezing, but not the quitting to desktop. I worked it out to be the VIA drivers - I had the Hyperion's installed (4.46), but when I went back to 4.43 all my problems went away :)
Hope that works for you (if you use VIA drivers, that is:rolleyes: )

Originally posted by avsdotcom
Sazar - I was having similar probs with my 9500 Pro, it would lock up and/or quit to desktop. Turning off the AA and AF fixed the freezing, but not the quitting to desktop. I worked it out to be the VIA drivers - I had the Hyperion's installed (4.46), but when I went back to 4.43 all my problems went away :)
Hope that works for you (if you use VIA drivers, that is:rolleyes: )

I am still using the 4.43's myself :)

oh well... lets hope the reformat will fix the issues :)

else this baby is going back...

Reformatted

After I reformatted Vice City played fine, but now Windows Update has no updates for me to download so I cannot update my pc at all using Windows Update and I have no clue why b/c this is the first time this has happened.

I did download sp1 from the microsoft site but thats all the updating I'll probably do.

I also don't understand why MotoGP in the past I've installed it - the game played fine - now the sound is all phux0rd and I don't understand what I've done different from the past.

Well for sound I would look into changeing sound drivers .. as for updates is it possible that when you go and get the SP1 from microsoft and have it install from the site that it includes all the updates pending?? mmmm second though that might be true for critical updates but I cant see it installing all updates ...maybe the site was buggered that day ...try going back a few times and see

I hear its because I didn't activate but I have a group license so activation isn't required although this is the first this has happened I have gone to windows update before and after the SP1 patch and get the same results - I was told it could happen again even if I reformat again, so I'm going to wait another 3 months like usuall before I start over again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back