Via 4in1 Drivers

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by luish, Oct 2, 2002.

1. luish

luish OSNN Senior Addict

I want to know if i can download and install the Via 4in1 updates drivers but I don't know if I can install them, I have a Gibabyte 7vrx mobo, and it has a Via kt333 chipset.

2. BugOuT

BugOuT Guest

would there be a reason why you can't install them?

Category:
    4-in-1 Drivers

Question:
    My system is running fine but there is a newer version of the 4in1 drivers released - should I install them?

Answer:
    No. If your system is running trouble - free there is no need to update the drivers.

3. XP Abuser

XP Abuser Guest

i say if it works tweak the sod till it bleeds!!!!!!

4. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

i don't see a reason not to install them. you can also check out the 4in1 history see what versions have what updates/fixes.

5. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

I updated mine. They worked fine in the first place, and everything seems the same still. Huh. Seemingly pointless update maybe...

6. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

7. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

by the way, once i ran a comprehensive set of benchmarks in which i formatted xp fresh, installed a 4in1 version, and ran 3dmark2001. from version 4.33 (comes with xp) to 4.41 and every version in between, there was no effect on performance whatsoever.

http://www.xp-erience.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14319

so i assume the updated agp driver in the 4in1's is more for compatibility/reliability. the other parts of the 4in1's involve ide and general chipset drivers.