VIA 4in1 drivers

A

afrodeziak

For the people with VIA chipset motherboards...do you guys get the VIA 4 in 1 drivers? I never downloaded them before because I never encountered any problems. If I get them will it like improve my system? I'm not really sure what they do.

they've done nothing but good for me. including better game performance and overall compatibility and reliability. and they're practically required for any os besides winxp... which has version 4.33 built-in.

I'm with Tauras, even if your not experiencing any problems, updated drivers would still allow your system to perform more effiecient, which will spill over to better performance.

As long as your hardware drivers are upto date, ( video and such) you shouldnt have any problems..:)

Originally posted by catch23
If you do decide to install them, format first...they should be the very first thing you install.

Excuse me, but that should not matter att all! If I'm not misstaken, these drivers you speak of, are motherboard drivers only? Please ignore me if I'm wrong. But it they are indeed motherboard drivers, there is absolutely NO need at all do format you HD first, that has nothing to do with it.

However, these motherboard drivers can upgrade performance and/or decrease it severely. If it was all going fine from the start, I wouldn't install them!

Well of course! I'm not some dumbass, okay? Of course they are "important", but they already exist on the system. They are already installed. Like every other update, it is an update. Now please, this is starting to get rather personal, and it is kind of a matter of taste. If one choses to format just because one thinks it's fun, then sure... Fine by me. I'm just saying it's not vitaly important to do so if you want to update your chipset drivers.

In most cased where you would chose not to format first, you will not have any problems because that was your choise, and most of the cases where you DO have a problem, it is probably derived from updating at all. Then of course, there is indeed that very very small chance of screwing things up by not formating first, but let's be honest. It's smaller than the risk of being killed in a plane crash! (which most of you probably know is VERY small)

I for one, would not go through the trouble of formating, if I wouldn't need it because of something else.

Okay okay.... If you want to keep your illusions, and never listen to others, then: Fine! This is end of discussion as far as I'm concerned in this thread, so don't bother replying to this. But let me just tell you, I do have a great deal of experience in the area, and that's that.

Let's just agree with each other on the point that the creator of this thread was trying to get: No, if you don't really need then, or feel that you want them: don't bother installing them. Otherwise, sure.

Thing is: I do, you don't seem to

(okay! I came back, so sue me...)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back