VGA Drivers

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by dreamworks, Jan 6, 2004.

1. dreamworks

dreamworks --== babyface ==--

Hi guys ..

I have a MSI GeForce FX-5600 for my graphic card. There are 3 options for drivers:-

1) Nvidia's own driver
    2) MSI driver
    3) Microsoft update website driver

Which is the best or recommended to be used? I am kinda in doubt here .. but right now I'm using Nvidia's own driver.

Please advise .. thanks :)

2. Yharn

Yharn meh.

nvidia driver unless MSI says to specifically use thier driver to fix some sort of problems

3. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

Usually you want to stick to the main manufacturer's driver.

4. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

Nvidia's reference drivers will (generally) be more up to date and include more advanced features.

5. shox

shox OSNN Junior Addict

ms offers tested and proven drivers, they are the safest to use with working with windows, however they are usually older and provide less features. great for workstations.

6. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

Aren't the drivers M$ offers thru update just an older version (usally) of the Nvidia drivers? I would stick w/ drivers from Nvidia as the ones from MSI are probably also just some older tweaked version of Nvidia drivers as well ...

searching around and checking some benchmarks might be a good idea to choose exactly what version of drivers also :)

Edit: I think if I remember correctly MSI sends you to Nvidia site for drivers :p

7. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

Nvidia, nvidia, nvidia...you could also look to some websites for Omegas and I can't remember the last ones I heard of...I always keep updated unless one install goes bad I just roll back to the previous ones

8. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

Omega has fell behing on his drivers "again". at the mo people using hacked drivers are using starstorm 53.03, theres 2 revisions out, extra quality, (i recommend) and the benchmark version, (low quality for good 3d marks (screw that)

http://forums.guru3d.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=47